4Rt Termignoni Durability.

lsjimmy

I've read the various threads regarding the standard/termi/mitani exhausts, but I was wondering about the Termignonis durability. I've heard of them melting or rubbing through.

Can anyone give me an insight to how long it will last? Bearing in mind I do quite a few road/long distance trials.

Thanks in advance!

I had not had an issue with mine but its trailered to trials events as we are definitely not allowed on roads here with trials bikes. Mine won't get as hot as road ridden bike.

As for melting.... MMMmmmmmm!! Aluminium melts around 660 C, carbon steel around 1500 C, titanium around 1700 C, maybe the ally if ever used as a header but the other two... doubt it?

The titanium header I used was 170 grams! Noice mate!!!!!

Be careful when installing the ally plate that holds header to head... it will deform if over-torqued!

Mags

The melting you might be referring to is the rear mudguard. On pre 2014 bikes, the rear mudguard is quite close to the exhaust exit. When riden normally in sections it isn't a problem, but riden for long periods such as road trials, the hot gases can melt the rear mudguard.

I have seen a bike with an extension fitted to rear of the silencer, to direct the gases away, but it looked awfull. Alternatively if you must have a Termi, you could buy a 2014 rear mudguard, which sits much higher. You can now buy a 2014+ style mudguard that is specially made for the older 4RT's, the area around the fuel tank is different, so is made to fit the older style fuel tank.