Is This Ok?

johnnyboxer

Hello, just to add my little bit, this is insane. Cannot see how far the front tyre is off the tarmac but if any passengers are in the rear the back end of the car will sink and/or if the car goes over a "whump" at speed the front tyre may hit the tarmac. If i saw this i'd keep well clear.

Buy a trailer.

regards

No need to buy a trailer. That bike would easily fit in the back of that car.

I have a picture in an old book of Don Smith's Cortina with 2 bikes with the back wheel in something similar and the front wheel on the roof, far preferable way of doing it.

ahaha being a gasgas the gearbox would probably explode with the amount of speed going through it. wheel bearings would get rekt..

similarly my friends scorpa 125 trail bikes rear wheel hopped out the side of the trailer and was in gear. it was dragged 2.5 miles home in gear. flat spot on tyre. gear box bearings shattered.... LOL

Hello, just to add my little bit, this is insane. Cannot see how far the front tyre is off the tarmac but if any passengers are in the rear the back end of the car will sink and/or if the car goes over a "whump" at speed the front tyre may hit the tarmac. If i saw this i'd keep well clear.

Buy a trailer.

regards

One of the passengers could sit on the bike? :rotfl:

• Like 1

Did you ever have a MK3.... You couldn't make them any worse

In OZ that model Cortina was available with the 2 litre SOHC motor which I imagine is what was in Don's car, and they also sold the same model Cortina with the Ford Falcon 4.1 litre cast iron in-line six, which most definitely handled worse

In OZ that model Cortina was available with the 2 litre SOHC motor which I imagine is what was in Don's car, and they also sold the same model Cortina with the Ford Falcon 4.1 litre cast iron in-line six, which most definitely handled worse

Seem to remember the 4.1's had a 3 speed box aswell. I had great fun with a brand new Fairmont on a trip to kal back in 1991,the rental company said sealed roads only.I took it back covered covered in red dust,they didn't say a word,I would have happily paid a cleaning/fixup fee - we had great fun !

Mick Andrews would easily cope with the poor handling of a Concertina with his bike on the back,pure talent on a bike - 4 wayward wheels wouldn't make him blink...

• Like 1