Fantic Fm237 Snapped Kickstart Shaft!

fantic 237

Hi, I have just started to get the old girl going again after the kick start shaft snapped!!!!!! Very upset.

Well I have it in bits and now the hard bit starts!

How do I find a new kick start shaft or have one made?

I would be interested in another engine if I could find one, its a forward kicking FM 237.

I'm also after a 240 side casing as mine has a flywheel weight so is wider than a standard 156cc

Look forward to sorting this out and getting back out riding her again.

Hope you have a good Christmas!

You can see what I have done with my holiday so far!!!!

Hi I need the 240 side cover beacause the flywheel has been fitted with an extra weight, this make the flywheel wider than normal.

I would like to keep the bike as original as possible but I do realise it has already been modified I was told years ago by a gentleman called Mike Hann?

I have had the bike since 1993

Hi I need the 240 side cover beacause the flywheel has been fitted with an extra weight, this make the flywheel wider than normal.

I would like to keep the bike as original as possible but I do realise it has already been modified I was told years ago by a gentleman called Mike Hann?

I have had the bike since 1993

Yes I just mean if you put a 240 casing on a 200 kickstart shaft won't be long enough, I may be wrong, I'll check as I'm sure I've a 240 casing in the shed

Edited by furse

Yes I think 240 shaft would fit, I did have both along side each other last year and pretty sure they were the same just the 240 is longer, I found out by trying to get an alloy 'section' kickstart to fit on my 200 pro it could not go all the way on shaft and still turn. So pretty much think a 240 shaft and casing would be fine, may need a 240 kickstart aswell because of the offset, but just remember how awesome the little bikes are so it is worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the info,

So it must be a 240 kickstart shaft I'm after unless I remove the flywheel weight.

Does any body know the lenght of a 240 shaft?

It may be easier to find a 240 shaft.

My other options would be to re-engine it, Which unit would you fit if you had to choose?