Anything Interesting That You Have To Tell Us About The History About Your Bully?

boghopper350

I put an Italjet rubber drain thing on my aluminium 199B airbox. It has a tube style drain with a split in the end of it so any water getting into the airbox just drains out. I don`t think the B`s have a mudflap on the airboxes. I`ll have a look at an original one tomorrow. Mine is not original. Graham. 

• Like 1

Hello Graham that is correct the 199B does not have a rubber flap on the Air box my 199B has another half off mudguard shaped to the Air box then bolted together on the bracket and a small bolt on the bottom throw the eye on the rear Engine mount. that tube you talk about i had a 199b with it on the Air box i may do the same with mine.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

In 1980 I bought a model 87 (350 Pursing) for $300. It ran great. Summer of 1980 took it to Ensenada, Mexico and had a blast with it on the beach until a guy walked up to me to have a chat and he stuck a pistol in my face. He said he was the police and I asked him for proof because he was dressed like the typical Mexican citizen. He showed me an ID that reminded me of an E-ride ticket at Disneyland. Needless to say I wasn't feeling like anything good was about to happen.

He had me follow him to a shack about 2 hundred yards away, we went inside and he made a phone call.  I didn't think I'd be going home. After about 10 minutes 2 Mexican cops showed up in their cop car. They cuffed me and stuck my bike in the trunk of their car and proceeded to break whatever they could on it for a minute or two. Exhaust pipe, kick starter shaft, and a few other things. We drove off and headed down a dirt road into a low income neighborhood. They stopped and asked me for $50. I had about $52 on me at the time so I was happy to give them whatever they wanted as long as I would be released. I actually thought they were going to finish me off. After paying tolls I got to San Diego with $0.10 on me. Fortunately I had filled my truck with gas the day before. Didn't have any card back then, just cash.

Bike sat in pieces in bad shape for about 37 years up until about 3 months ago when I decided I was either going to get rid of it or get it running. I had never worked on bikes before and had a new piston installed and cylinder bored and rebuilt the carb and a few other new parts. I am having a blast with it and don't plan on taking it back to Mexico.

Edited by pursangm87
  • Like 4