Anything Interesting That You Have To Tell Us About The History About Your Bully?

boghopper350

hello scot yes the headsteady was done like this when i got the bike looks like a proper job weld is tidy it's also been ground down both ends so it's flat on the head. also i had another 199B with a good mod to the headsteady the plate that bolts to the head had been cut clean off then a thick tube had been cut then welded onto the plate on the other end it has been made flat and rounded off with a hole to bolt to the frame hear is a photo.

• Like 2

scot yes there are a few ideas out there to make the headsteady stronger the 1 above on the 199B was good if you wanted you could take the Engine out with out unbolting it from the head i never tryed as i ended up striping the Engine. cheers bondy.

post-14329-0-20528500-1428436527_thumb.jpgReally nice sidestand work!!! You must show us the rest of the bike as I see other mods & tell us the history.

As I am sure you are aware that I personally have never seen a B model in my vicinity that was up & running.

I also understand 198B's mostly went to the UK so its always of interest to see the later bikes.

By the way is the internal stand spring of your doing?

On another note our young friend who competes in the USA Nationals, will be headed for Amarillo, Texas this

Friday. Bultaco M199, RH rod brake the latest mod.

More to come later.

Larry

• Like 1

scot and bondy -

Show me yours and I'll.........well anyway, here's mine -

post-13295-0-67172300-1428442077_thumb.jpg

as fitted to my 199B when purchased.

Apparently this was the "fix" adopted by Comerfords (the UK importers) on their own team bikes and approved by them for other users.

Make sure the distance piece is in place in the 'U' of the frame bracket when refitting the top bolt - it won't tighten properly without it.

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 1

hi iv'e never had a spacer in any off my bikes all was ok but i will make 1 i never new 100% if they did have 1 always thought it but never bothered but i will sort 1 out for next frame. not sure if my 199b as 1 never had the headsteady off since i got the bike.

bondy -

The spacer is #39 in this parts book illustration - the trouble is, if you don't know it's there you remove the top bolt and before you realise it, the spacer rolls away down its custom-made chute (the frame bracket) - never to be seen again.......

post-13295-0-02293200-1428480513_thumb.jpg

The part no. is 138.10-119 and it's described as a bush.

• Like 2

post-14329-0-68871000-1428496924_thumb.jpg For all of us using the replacement air filter/bellows hose combination, most often used on199 series; and thinking all

is well. It isn't !!!

During prep for NATC rounds coming up it was discovered the bellows hose goes to heck in hand basket not unlike the

originals.

If everyone already knows this, then disregard this warning.

Watch out.

Larry

Thought I,d post a picture of Larrys (lbhbul) handy work on repairing my brothers rear motor mount.It fits like a glove and should make it a nice tight bike again.I also had a pic of my head stay that I revamped last year,but after looking at the picture it,s too dam ugly and will get re-engineered.

Edited by scot taco
  • Like 1

Bondy & Scott & all, We have had bad luck with this particular set up FOREVER (bellows hose) & thought with the new

stuff all would be good.

#1 failure: 5 years & discovered on prep (recent buy) exhaust side bottom of bellows split.

#2 failure 3 years pin holes along mold line.

#3 failure 3 years what looks like ozone damage bottom of bellows.

Please note all bikes are kept inside & clean.

I am afraid to look @ my 199 as it still has a bellows hose?

Charley got into this when prepping his son's bike for NATC, he found the best way to check was sunlight & looking inside

for light penetrating.

This has really got us thinking of adapting old air boxes ( M92 ect) & radiator hose,loud but less worry.

Please check yours; (cost a rebuild not long ago)

Larry