Anything Interesting That You Have To Tell Us About The History About Your Bully?

boghopper350

Bondy, we are at 3 & I'm afraid to look at mine.

No doubt they are not supposed to last forever, but you can wish.

My 199 has the original air box although fiber glass & hot glue & some mods to front end, the

sad truth is I have to tear down a bit as I will have to remove the air box in total to check the

bellows hose properly.

More good stuff to come later,

Larry

post-14329-0-99436600-1428706164_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-08701800-1428706199_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-74112000-1428706237_thumb.jpgWell here we go again with the 199 bellows hose.

This arrived today so much for speedy mail; David is in Amarillo, Texas.

This information is to try to help others , as 3 years ago we lost a fresh engine due to a split hose in a very dry West Texas event.

Our new one only had a pin hole in the aforementioned mold line, but not taking any chances!

Larry

Edited by lbhbul

Tony & Bondy. It would certainly be nice to have at the very least for whoever is mfg these had a liitle more quality control!!!

We are getting our filter assy. in the states, however they are (by the packaging) from overseas.

The new one above came yesterday & the dealer was notified (sealed package) of the problem.

Hopefully he will give feed back to his supplier.

Larry

Tony thanks for the link.

Edited by lbhbul

I have had an In Motion one in my Sherpa M199B for the last three years now and it is still fine. I have a brand new spare but I have not had to use it as yet. The one I had in before that was okay except the airfilter would not stay glued to the rubber so I used the rubber to go on a friends M199A standard airbox. That was a couple of years ago and it is still fine. So I would change where you buy yours from Larry. Graham. 

Graham, I totally agree, the packaging should tell the tale, I would like to know who & where our poor ones

are made so we could get better quality.

The whole gist of this is to advise  that we have had a serious problem that you cant see unless inspected as

outlined, not trying to shoot anybody in the foot!

I have not taken my own air box out yet (not in a loooog time) so I will certainly report on my findings.

Good Luck to All

Larry

Bondy, please take a good picture of your new filter packaging in detail.  Thanks

Edited by lbhbul
  • Like 1

Larry just checked the label looks to be the same so i have took the filter out the bag and looked close at it seems there are faults with them there is a slight in perfection on the seem off the bellows also a pin sized hole that has not gone through the rubber. so looks like you was correct and am glad i checked it now as i was putting it on a new Engine must be a fault from the place they make them. 

• Like 1

post-14329-0-80510900-1428862263_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-06269200-1428862332_thumb.jpg

What a job to repair dads poor weld , tear it all apart to retrieve the swing arm so the repair can

take place properly.

Bondy , thanks for checking the label , will check my 199 after the 92 is up on its feet again.

Larrypost-14329-0-43443200-1428862883_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

post-14329-0-26882500-1428961927_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-99976200-1428961960_thumb.jpgWe did get it back together after all, proper welds this time (not me this time).

This old girl has a lot of history and still a lot to go.

Will get into the 199 air box stuff tomorrow maybe??

Have a nice day,

Larry

• Like 1

post-14329-0-70897200-1429382728_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-09735900-1429382786_thumb.jpgAs promised to get on with the saga of air filter bellows hose problems,

managed to tear old Red apart to get to the air box properly.

Was quite relieved to find the hose all in one piece, as it had been years

since having put a new one on (shame on me).On a brighter note my good friend

received 2 new hose/filters (back order) and on careful examination found them

to be OK!!! Same mfg. as the previous of course.

Do hope you guys will contribute too

Larry

• Like 1

Glad to see your bellows are not a problem! Time for reassembly and riding. Wish I were there.

Just installed the 151 frame, swing arm, and wheel, that I picked up from Larry during our visit. A definite upgrade for the Rat. The original model 92 frame was bent badly. Swapped it for an alpina frame. Now swapped for a proper sherpa frame again. 3 frames in a year and a half.

Tripp

post-20122-0-69584400-1429385661_thumb.jpg

post-20122-0-53725800-1429385804_thumb.jpg

• Like 4