Sign in to follow this  
axulsuv

4Rt Rear Rims ?

Just out of curiosity , what company makes the rear tubeless rims on the 4rt ? I'd like to obtain a couple of that flanged type rim for a few projects ...

Glenn

Better be sure that spoke count thing works out. New bikes have what, 32?

Yep , turns out to be a stumbling block ... My intended purpose's all have 36 :(

I wonder if 4 more holes could be added/ spaced equally around the flange ...?

• Like 1

You would need an old Beta techno or Montesa wheel. Put that on the section and the rim from the section on the 240 to make it tubeless.

Yep , turns out to be a stumbling block ... My intended purpose's all have 36 :(

I wonder if 4 more holes could be added/ spaced equally around the flange ...?

Excel do a 36 spoke tubless rim

post-14348-0-20726700-1419625931_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yep. Older Mont 315 wheels are 36. Certainly my '02 with the slotted rim and my previous '99 with the solid flange are both 36 hole.

Excel do a 36 spoke tubless rim

Do you have any info on locating some ? I've been looking all over for details on them , as your the second person that has told me that . And yet I can find no info on the rim ...

Not sure I'm allowed to say the name of a UK company that could supply you, possibly due to forum rules?

But if you know the name of a bird of preys claws! ;-) You will find a motorcycle engineering company in Yeovil, UK, who can help you. ;-)

• Like 1

Thanks for that , I use their sprockets ... But I also just found out that my 97 section and a 97 315 use the same rear hub ... So I think I'll just run down a montesa rim and spoke set and see how it goes ... And I may just get 2 and have some spokes made up for the trusty 240 !

Glenn