Bultaco Trial Bike Which Model

dibs

Hi I hope someone can help I've just purchased a Bultaco trial bike it was sold as Sherpa 175, it's blue with silver frame, polished engine and polished lower front fork stanchions. The chassis number is 210 and ime struggling to identify it can anyone help ?

Hi thank you for the reply I've enclosed images of the bike, the frame doesn't look like it's been painted or messed with (possible around foot pegs). It was advertised as Sherpa and from my limited knowledge looks like one. Thank you in advance regards Mark

I have an unaltered 221 The hubs engine and forks were black the frame is blue as is the tank and air box The frame front down tube has a curve in it just below the steering head Your one looks like the later plastic tank which is much better as the alloy ones leak at the front mounting bolt

Hi thank you for the information Ile check the frame tomorrow, yes the tank in plastic which ime presently painting (know ile have problems with blistering but will tidy it up). Still confused what actual model it is, the frame and engine numbers match so not sure. Rubbed down the top frame rail down today to paint and it's not been painted previously, completing "light restoration" zinc coating all the small parts tomorrow, finish the tank and sort the front brake out. Regards Mark

Are you sure you're reading the numbers correctly. A 210 is a Matador, the picture is definitely a Sherpa. Not the best picture but from what I can see it has the features of a 175.

Colours mean nothing as it could have been stripped bare and repainted, engine / forks could have been stripped and polished

The 175cc is a model 221 so is the first 2 missing / rubbed out? Are you mis-reading it. The digit following the 221 would be a 0 so if your missing the first 2 it gives 210. It's definitely not a model 210.

Both the engine and frame number should be preceded by a letter M for the motor and B for the frame, so M-221 and B-221. The M and the B may also be preceded by another letter, can't remember.

• Like 1

Are you sure you're reading the numbers correctly. A 210 is a Matador, the picture is definitely a Sherpa. Not the best picture but from what I can see it has the features of a 175.

Colours mean nothing as it could have been stripped bare and repainted, engine / forks could have been stripped and polished

The 175cc is a model 221 so is the first 2 missing / rubbed out? Are you mis-reading it. The digit following the 221 would be a 0 so if your missing the first 2 it gives 210. It's definitely not a model 210.

Both the engine and frame number should be preceded by a letter M for the motor and B for the frame, so M-221 and B-221. The M and the B may also be preceded by another letter, can't remember.

If its a 175 the engine and frame nos should be preceded by TM and TB , this model was also known as the kit pireneos and sold with a dual seat in spain and used as a hire bike in the resorts .

• Like 1