Tire (tyre) Pressure?

dfwilson

I'm just under 15 stone on michelins. In the dry 6psi front and 4psi rear and recently in the slop I've been running 5psi front and 3psi rear even at hawks nest without any issues. Rough heys quarry last week I dropped just below 3 in the back and was much better 

4 minutes ago, scratcher said:

Sounds good dan....so tyre pressure doesnt depend on weight ?

No I wouldn't say so mate unless your a clumsy rider smashing into rocks instead of over them lol.

give it a try and I am positive you'll find the lower pressure a lot better especially this time of year and the rear.

13 hours ago, danbillam said:

No I wouldn't say so mate unless your a clumsy rider smashing into rocks instead of over them lol.

give it a try and I am positive you'll find the lower pressure a lot better especially this time of year and the rear.

Thanks...i will try it...cheers

22 hours ago, scratcher said:

Thanks Jonny. I was just concerned because o my weight on the rear tyre..at 20 stone...Bou n Ragga are guys around 12 stone..im nearly twice their weight. N im not doin sections. Its mainly trail riding with an odd wee play..

Ya I can see why that would seem it would be the case.

But when you consider the force against that rear tire during a big hit for that 12-13 stone Raga or Bou it's got to be at least as much, if not a more, than what the average rider would do to their tire at 20 stone.  

Now because you indicated your doing trail riding I might suggest if your fast on the trail that you run .5 to 1 PSI more on sharp rocky trails but that's opinion and likely not really necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are not riding sections, and just using your bike for trail and road riding, then you can increase the pressures quite a lot.   You want to be sure that the tyres do not roll on the rims during high speed corners, especially if cars and lorries may be coming in the opposite direction.   So for road riding in traffic, 12+ psi Front and Rear would be safest, and give a better rolling resistance, and wear.

Ive a bit of all round mixed riding. Thinking of the 6 days boys...their pressures are not up n down...one pressure suits all kinda thing..im only talking on the road fur a mile or two to next track..as im usualy doin tracks n forrest work all fur fun. Nuthin serious..thanks fur all yer input guys...