Couple Of Questions

english electric

1/ is ok to clean the bike while it is still running quick power wash get rid of the mud etc it is only a low powered washer and I just use washing up liquid to clean down I do not stand to close therefore not damaging the decals etc. I ask this in regrds to water entering the engine cases or carb.

2/ what is the max amount of time would you let a bike stand before firing it up and just letting it tick over etc how long would you leave it running and also does it have any adverse effects buy not running it under load.??

bike is a gas gas 125txt pro racing 2004.

I am a first time owner so any advice info greatly appreciated.

Hi, it's not advisable to use washing up liquid on your bike, or car for that matter, as it contains salt which will quickly corrode all your fasteners and what not. Either get some proper bike cleaner or car wash-n-wax or just use water.

I personally don't use a jet wash, I just use a soft wash brush and a watering can, the bike is a 2011 and still looks new.

Good luck.

Definitely not washing up liquid! (contains salt and caustic)

Use something like Muck-Off,

If the radiator is clean your bike should run ok all the time, the thermostat and fan should control the engine temp..

Jetwashiing is more likely to get into wheel bearings so don't get too close, but they are easily changed anyway.

I always follow the same routine, my bikes are always spotless!

1. hose (not jetwash) all the loose dirt off

2. while the bike is wet spray on (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Wax-Professional-Traffic-Remover/dp/B004G3X6WQ) I use this neat with a pump up garden sprayer, cover everywhere and leave for 3 mins

3. using the hose on fan re wash the bike , the dirt will just drop off !

4. I leave to drip dry for a bit then dry using compressed air.

5. once dry cover the metal parts with WD40, I cover nearly evey inch of the bike except discs and calipers

I get really good results doing this and my bikes look like new

• Like 1

After washing as mentioned above, wipe the bike dry, check there isn't to much water in the air filter box and start your bike.

When its warmed up, go for a short ride, this will dry most parts and gets the water out of the chain and brakes as you apply them and thus preventing rust and preventing parts, such as brake pistons getting stuck.

Lightly oil/grease the moving parts, foot pegs brake pedal, chain etc.

When washing and greasing the bike also check for damages and wear so your bike will be tip top for the next event/training.

Also from time to time,look under the small rubber caps of the brake and clutch levers, for muck and rust.