Different Strokes........3 Noises Off....

schmorgas

The best sounding bike ever was a XR750 flat tracker. My roommate just happened to leave his for about 6 months while out of state. The neighbors would be annoyed around midnight about once a month, no lights, no front brake and fast as hell. Nothing like a full field of Harley`s running around a mile dirt track!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjI5Ex31Kbw

• Like 1

My dad was really into flat track in the 70's. He dragged me to both the mile at Springfield, IL and the 1/2 mile at Joliet, as well as the weekly quarters at Granite City. But my favorite sound memories were from the mile at Springfield. I believe the chest thumping sound led to my future love of listening to music really-loud while laying on my back on our 1930's Brunswick slate pool table!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PgRuK1gGgQ

• 4 weeks later...

1972 Lotus Europa , John player special #040 , Dual Mikuni sidedrafts,  (screw the webers!) , Balanced to the grain , 9500 rpm not a issue ...Trick cams and abit of port work , Water pumps couldn't take the abuse . Modded her to a full electric waterpump system . She almost gave me a orgasm every time I redlined her ...Early flow master custom exhaust . :) 1250 lbs wet , 182 midengined HP @ the back wheels .... Formula ford with 2 seats and plates...

Dam I wish i still had her .......... 

U.R.S from Helmut Fath, Trident factoty and RC 166 of course :rolleyes:

Franck.

The next item on YouTube was the full one and a half hour version of that RC166 item where they strip it down in front of an audience and interview what was clearly those involved in the day. If only someone could put English subtitles on it?

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps the most emotive engine sound is that of a B17. First it whines as if it does not want to go, almost as if it know what lays ahead, then an odd cylinder or two give a pop and a puff of smoke, it whines some more, then more reluctant pops and smoke as it come to life before the misfires finally cease, the smoke clears and it settles down to a steady beat, purposeful and ready for the task ahead. This is not just an engine for a bit of fun on a Sunday, it is an engine that is part of life and death, an engine that will take many to a fiery end, and return others to contemplate their likely destiny.