Wide Alloy Foot Pegs To Fit An Early Bult

bult360

Has anybody bought any modern wider alloy footrests that bolt straight on to an early sherpa (model 80 ) ? If not do they come with the pivot bracket ? Ive seen the older type but dont realy want chrome , at a push i could make up new hangers as on the model 80 they bolt on any suggestions appreciated thanks

Just food for thought; Wide footpegs on my modern bike sometimes hinder me when I need to dab (quite often) as I cant seem to

get my foot loose (awkward too). Bul not so much problem.

We all seem to stay stock. they still work well.

Larry

I used New Ossa alloy ones but it needs new brackets, you can get the brackets off ebay for about a tenner

. Hi Stu , how much are the ossa ones and do you find them a big improvement over the standard bult ones ? Can you post a pic , thanks

I have tried quite a few different pegs and find the standard Hebo ones fitted to the Gas Gas to be the best in terms of abuse taken and usability. I have recently tried the S3 Hardrock pegs and have ended taking them back off as I was getting my foot caught on the allen headed screws. This happened several times, so I asked a couple of mates to have a go and they found the same thing. I may try to grind them down at a latter date to stop the problem, also tried some aluminium pegs a while back and they need sharpening at regular intervals to keep an edge. So all in all I am back to the standard Gasser pegs which require no maintenance and are basically indestructible.

Cheers Greg

PS beware of buying steel pegs that look like the Hebo pegs as they are about half as durable

I now have Apico alloy footpegs on my Sherpa. I used the mounting brackets from In Motion with their footpegs and then decided to buy some Apico ones and I find them great. I wear gum boots on my feet when riding and I don`t have any hassles at all.