Am I Making A Wise Decision?

robbiesty175

I've been visiting my local bike shop a bit too often now, after spotting this beauty! M-92 model and needing lots of love, as when we pulled the head, not even a piston inside!!! I love vintage trials, and trying to get a bit better as a rider, and very happy with my little yellow bike. But something tells me I should try to rebuild this beast and bring it back to life. Am I crazy? Will it be worth all the effort, tears and getting yelled at by family and friends that I've lost my mind?!?!?

But it's soooo pretty!

Any and all advice is welcome. ANd I know this bike won't make me a better rider, but I sure will look cool!

Thanks!

post-20184-0-76283800-1420950068_thumb.jpg

post-20184-0-55183900-1420950103_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I like that the numbers are matching, but since I have no idea about Bultacos, do these look right? I wondered about the muffler/pipe too.

Understand the former owner stashed away parts to chrome, so hope to get the kick, shift and other levers. A seat would be nice too... :)

Really apprecaite the kind words of encouragement. ANd gentle reminder to keep this cheap! Want a rider bike, and would probably have a big smile bringing this to an event.

Thanks all and will keep you posted if/when I pull the trigger. WIll need plenty of advice AFTER I get it!!!

post-20184-0-05685700-1420990357_thumb.jpg

post-20184-0-69255100-1420990411_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The exhaust should be the the clubfoot type I think. The middle box in the picture is a period after market replacement for earlier bikes. I would go for it.

The clubfoot was first introduced on the Sherpa T with the models 150/151, the 92 had the small triangular silencer between the shock absorber and the frame tube, although many it seems were sold in the uk without one , only the main downturned silencer. I could of course be wrong on this but my fathers first new model 92 came without direct from jim sandifords

• Like 2

I guess one question I have is will this bike feel/ride different than my feather-weight TY? The guy at the shop says once I ride this, I'll never look at another bike again. I remember selling my TY250 for the 175 and thought THAT was a world of difference. Of course I will still be pushing myself to get to a 2 line soon...

Thanks for all the great comments/feedback! An amazing group!!!