Am I Making A Wise Decision?

robbiesty175

Cheers Woody,

I took the bike around the chaps yard the other day and it revved up fine without any rattles and I could engage all gears, so mechanically it seemed fine.

Thanks for the info on the forks and hubs, will be a worthy point to mention whilst sorting a deal out.

Jonny

• Like 1

Many thanks Larry and Stuart for you advice,

A more detailed image of the frame number can be seen through the link below. Looking through images the RB - 198 number matches with the engine number but the DGM-16849-0M number I can't find a reference to anything.

http://s389.photobucket.com/user/sjclassics/media/1980%20Bultaco%20Sherpa%20T%20250%205speed/051.jpg.html

The DGM means Direzione Generale per la Motorizzazione, any vehicle that got road registered in Italy got this number.

http://www.mit.gov.it/mit/site.php?o=vd&lm=3&id=147

So your bike is an imported from Italy. Do you not have any proof of previous owners and registrations?.

As my Bultaco is from Italy too and was road registered first time there (my 199b in Torino) ,

the bike has also a DGM number:

100_0652.JPG

You find likewise numbers beginning with DGM on the rear muffler which proves that this exhaust was proven by Italian authorities.

The Italian Grimeca hubs are very good their brakes are better then the original Bultaco, the fork as already stated is good too and could be von any Italian trialsbike of that era, easy to fix and if you really want the original Betors these show up frequently.

• Like 4