Fuelling Problem Or Something Else?

nordy

I'm the same I can't bear to have a bike running too lean, It doesn't do it any favors long term.

I eventually bit the bullet and got a 3 slide, I was considering it for ages but at 60 quid a go I had to really convince my tight ar5e. The bike was running well when changed to 48/128 set up but I felt it lacked still on pick up as I like my bikes really snappy of the bottom.

The 3 slide made the bike just how I like it and also made the revs drop better with a very slight engine braking feel, It still rev'd clean to the moon.

It might be a bit on/off for some people's style of riding off the bottom.

I'm the same I can't bear to have a bike running too lean, It doesn't do it any favors long term.

I eventually bit the bullet and got a 3 slide, I was considering it for ages but at 60 quid a go I had to really convince my tight ar5e. The bike was running well when changed to 48/128 set up but I felt it lacked still on pick up as I like my bikes really snappy of the bottom.

The 3 slide made the bike just how I like it and also made the revs drop better with a very slight engine braking feel, It still rev'd clean to the moon.

It might be a bit on/off for some people's style of riding off the bottom.

I do not disagree with some of the points you have suggested, however I am opposite and like them smoother/ less rippy off the bottom. To each his own. I tune for best smooth running.

Fact is, I have come to prefer the dellorto over the kiehin for my application, given its lackings. I personally think the kiehin is a pain in the ass that I do not need the added power or grief.

Edited by copemech

Interesting, most of the areas we ride are muddy slippy woods. Defenitly dont want the bike too snappy off stop need all the traction i can get, did have a good run on a 2011 290 with the dellorto on it , very smooth down low, if i was able to get the keihin that smooth i'd be a happy man.

To be honest I do like the Dellorto, It's bullet proof and does the job without having to constantly tweak it.

I do like the bottom end power delivery of them, They give better torque bottom to mid range.

I think a Keihin is smoother off the bottom in standard form and to be honest I would be better off with a Dellorto with my riding style but the last bikes I've had came with Keihin as standard.

I think a 28mm carb is too big for most trials applications, The top guys use them as they are always using max revs and dropping the clutch but the bottom end performance is a bit weak due to the size.

It's each to their own with setup, I've spent too much time making a Keihin behave like Dellorto but now I've sort of got the best of both worlds with my set up except the tweaking of the Keihin depending on temps.

Nice that you've got it sorted Steve,

fitting new jets this.evening, going for a good run in the morning so hopefiully thats it.Never had these problems.with the Dellorto, Copemechs right, the keihin is a pain in the a***.