Quick Or Slow Action Throttle On A 200?

hrmad

The gearing worked out well at 11/44, second and third gear are nice for hill climbs.

I'll leave the throttle as a slow throttle for now, I spend enough time crashing and loosing grip as it is. Although the thought of trying a fast one out is still nagging at me! Thanks guys :)

Edited by hrmad

Heather 11/44 is pretty much the same ratio as 10/41, going to a 9 is way to low though.

I know, I've gone full circle back to where I was at the start. 10/44 was too slow so I just put the 11 back on, rather than remove the rear sprocket. I suppose at least i've got a spare set of 10/41 when the current set wears down or I sell the bike.

on my trusty old 240 pro I use a slow tube , as my bike the way it is ported , responds like a MX bike . On my Section I have a quick tube , as it has much more and smother power all over . And mind you both bikes are geared way low , I very rarely use first gear ... and both will chuggle along at serious low revs ... but it all gets down to what your comfortable with !

Glenn

• Like 1

Thanks Glenn.

Fitted the quick action throttle this morning. Had a go on it going slow and it's fine, better in some ways cause I didn't stall the engine as much as I usually do- easier to keep revs up if that makes sense.

The real acid test will be going up hills, I'm going to a practice day on Saturday so should give it a full work out. Feels better so far :)

Just trying to get some new grips on now, like trying to wash a cat!

Edited by hrmad

went to a local training day today. Throttle was fine, no complaints. None of my crashes involved using too much throttle, haha.

I was told my bike is too fast again, and to go to a 9/52. I kept stalling in first gear all the time, she'd even stall with the clutch all the way in?