Trials Bike Insurance?

I've just managed to insure my two Beta Evo 300s for the road(one a 2013 solo and the other a 2014 with sidecar) and my daughters quad and an Oset 20" for theft only. All through NFU Mutual for £170.00 for the year.

I have used them for a few years now for my house, truck and caravan insurance and always had great service and good prices. But the one thing I love is the fact that you speak to someone just down the road who knows the area and is available if you have any queries/problems. Not some numpty sat in front of a computer in a boiler room in some unknown city, who you will never be able to talk to again.

Maybe I'm just an old fashioned old fart. But I like to know who I'm doing business with.

I use NFU Mutual too, not for bikes - but just like you I find them great

Edited by johnnyboxer
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I've just managed to insure my two Beta Evo 300s for the road(one a 2013 solo and the other a 2014 with sidecar) and my daughters quad and an Oset 20" for theft only. All through NFU Mutual for and#163;170.00 for the year.

and#160;I have used them for a few years now for my house, truck and caravan insurance and always had great service and good prices. But the one thing I love is the fact that you speak to someone just down the road who knows the area and is available if you have any queries/problems. Not some numpty sat in front of a computer in a boiler room in some unknown city, who you will never be able to talk to again.

and#160;Maybe I'm just an old fashioned old fart. But I like to know who I'm doing business with. and#160;and#160;

this is just the cover I was after as carol nash have just quoted me £420 for two solo trials bike and having our oset on the insurance would be good.

I rang NFU mutual (alton) and even copied them this thread, they come back to me saying the oset couldn't be quoted for and my two bikes (twinshock Honda and montesa 4rt) would be £499, obviously I was shocked and they said they are notoriously expensive for bikes, insurance is weird!!!

i'll keep looking...bennetts next

:hyper:

right just rung bennetts, they said we don't knowingly insure trials bikes as the are so light and easy to steal,

I mentioned that my 4rt was on there list and people on trialscentral had said they are insured with you, he said the owner probably hadn't made it clear it was a trials bike, and he went to his supervisor who confirmed they wont insure trials bikes.

next was the bike insurer

they wont insure any of the two bikes because they are kick start and don't need a key.

can anybody help?

Edited by original

right just rung bennetts, they said we don't knowingly insure trials bikes as the are so light and easy to steal,

I mentioned that my 4rt was on there list and people on trialscentral had said they are insured with you, he said the owner probably hadn't made it clear it was a trials bike, and he went to his supervisor who confirmed they wont insure trials bikes.

next was the bike insurer

they wont insure any of the two bikes because they are kick start and don't need a key.

can anybody help?

MSM Insurance.  01279 870535.  Covers between sections during a trial as well.

http://www.msminsurance.co.uk/personal-insurance/motor/motorcycle-trials-enduro/trials-enduro-quote

Looks like all the mainstream insurance companies have dropped trials bikes.   You can't even find the models listed on sites like Go Compare anymore.

I still have 2 bikes, A Gasser & a Twinshock with Bennetts on auto renewal but they won't add another.  MSM is the only one i can find for road insurance but that's fine as don't need the extra £10.00 per road event.   Tiss a lot more expensive though! 

Edited by gasserguy

I've rung carol nash again who first quoted me £415 for the two bikes, told them I thought it was too much ,  I explained the bikes had ground anchors and chains but they were not a recognised manufacturer which they seemed happy with. After much haggling we agreed just over £300. its not insured during a trial but is at all other times,

MSM would do it but wanted £197.62 just for the 4rt, I don't ride many road trials so its not really worth it for me.

and relax....til next year:)