Trials Bike Insurance?

Anyone here insure their bike for on the road use and theft, if so who do you insure it with and what does it cost?

Mines already road registered and currently SORN. Obviously I'm not looking to actually ride it around on the road but insurance would be handy for a bit of green laning or if it ever gets stolen from my garage.

Benetts - £77 TPFT for a 2014 Montesa 4rt, I am old though.

Oh cool, I have a road going bike insured with Bennetts already so could maybe get a multi bike discount. Is yours insured for limited mileage or anything? Also how do they value it or do you just insure it for a set amount?

I expect its down to you to tell them what the value is, tell them 1000 miles for road use its easier than saying zero or 100 like I did, confuses the already confused. My 4rt wasn't on their database so I had to get it added. He tried for sometime to tell me that the Montesa 4rt is not a motorcycle as it wasn't listed on his computer? but after a few minutes it must have got through to him that his list was possibly not the Bible and asked for some help higher up which sorted the problem out.

Not sure if you've got this sorted yet or not but check out thebikeinsurer.co.uk

I used them and went with H&R Insurance in the end after having no luck with various others. £78 (I think) TPF&T. Worth a browse if you are still looking.

On a side note, I'm looking to join up to Zona1 once I have sourced a towbar, so I will probably bump in to you at some point......I'll be the one faced down in mother nature with a black and white Sherco on top of me. :)

Not sure if you've got this sorted yet or not but check out thebikeinsurer.co.uk

I used them and went with H&R Insurance in the end after having no luck with various others. £78 (I think) TPF&T. Worth a browse if you are still looking.

On a side note, I'm looking to join up to Zona1 once I have sourced a towbar, so I will probably bump in to you at some point......I'll be the one faced down in mother nature with a black and white Sherco on top of me. :)

Haha, yeah you'll see use up there quite a lot. Its a very nice practice ground now! I need to get on and call Bennetts to see if I get a multi bike discount, if not i'll try thebikeinsurer, thanks!

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

I've just managed to insure my two Beta Evo 300s for the road(one a 2013 solo and the other a 2014 with sidecar) and my daughters quad and an Oset 20" for theft only. All through NFU Mutual for £170.00 for the year.

I have used them for a few years now for my house, truck and caravan insurance and always had great service and good prices. But the one thing I love is the fact that you speak to someone just down the road who knows the area and is available if you have any queries/problems. Not some numpty sat in front of a computer in a boiler room in some unknown city, who you will never be able to talk to again.

Maybe I'm just an old fashioned old fart. But I like to know who I'm doing business with.

• Like 1