Toni Bou Dvd...

ripgroove

So has anyone watched this? If so does it actually have some useful techniques in it or is it just a load of clips of Bou? The trailer has a lot of clips that are already on YouTube so not sure how useful it will be. I did have the Ryon Young DVD which was quite handy but lost it a few years ago.

Failing that what about this:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111554949542

Or this

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111569479933

Edited by ripgroove

I dont have one, have got one of jordi pasquet, and the one of thorpe. Haven seen them totaly though. But i must say of the latter one what ihave watched its a bit boring. The learning trial one of jordi pasquet is build up better in different parts, but have not seen it totally yet.

Must say youtube has some quite good channels and you can choice what to look at!

Edited by crazybond700

I dont have one, have got one of jordi pasquet, and the one of thorpe. Haven seen them totaly though. But i must say of the latter one what ihave watched its a bit boring. The learning trial one of jordi pasquet is build up better in different parts, but have not seen it totally yet.

Must say youtube has some quite good channels and you can choice what to look at!

Maybe I'll stick with YouTube then, it's been pretty useful so far!

I haven't got the toni bou one for the same reasons others have stated.

Dan Thorpes dvd I found quite entertaining, I've watched it several times. It's the only training dvd I've found where there are a group of beginners and some experienced riders attempting sections, making mistakes, then being corrected. It doesn't go into depth about techniques (only the double blip really) but is really good for showing line selection in sections.

As you know, Ryan Young is awesome, I've bought his dvd even though someone is posting most of it on youtube- it's better to watch on dvd. Haven't looked at his 'advanced' dvd yet, but will do when I get better at the basics.

'Trials for everybody' is really let down by the music, they play it over everything and you can't hear what is going on with the motor. Good for studying body positioning as there is some slow mo stuff in there and most of the modern techniques are covered. Not the best.

Just bought 'Learning trial' Jordi Pascuet, excellent, really covers the basics and includes stuff not mentioned or thought about in the other dvds. Haven't got all the way through it yet, but it's really good. I'll probably go over this a lot.

Hope that helped :) club trials or twinshock trials are entertaining to watch on youtube, you can learn a lot from good classic riders. Also, go to watch or observe at a trial

• Like 1

Don't go with Dan Thorpe then, Jordi Pascuet's 'Learning trial' has a chapter on hopping both wheels and alternating.

Cool, am after something that'll cover hopping the wheels around with ease, double blips, hopping about on the back wheel and such things lol

Edited by ripgroove

Good luck hopping around on the back wheel :)

I was also enamored with the idea of doing this after watching all the cool videos of the pros. Reality is this is incredibly difficult. If you manage to learn this quickly I'm going to need you to come to Reno and teach me.

Good luck hopping around on the back wheel :)

I was also enamored with the idea of doing this after watching all the cool videos of the pros. Reality is this is incredibly difficult. If you manage to learn this quickly I'm going to need you to come to Reno and teach me.

Haha I was pretty good at bicycle trials and can do about 4 or 5 hops on the back wheel of the GasGas on a good day, I just seem to make it look like hard work and get tired real quick so some pointers to fine tune it a bit would be cool. Edited by ripgroove

Damn you! Ya I get tired really quickly just trying to hop around too.. It's hard work! Well to be completely honest I get tired just practicing balancing. Endeavoring to get in better shape.

All the reviews I've read about the Bou video are. If you want to watch vid of Bou then great. Or if you are already an advanced rider than there are some decent parts, but if you are beginner or intermediate looking for real tips then this is not the best. Granted Ive not seen it but I had found a good review somewhere when I was looking into it.

Alright, post up some video of your hopping!

Damn you! Ya I get tired really quickly just trying to hop around too.. It's hard work! Well to be completely honest I get tired just practicing balancing. Endeavoring to get in better shape.

All the reviews I've read about the Bou video are. If you want to watch vid of Bou then great. Or if you are already an advanced rider than there are some decent parts, but if you are beginner or intermediate looking for real tips then this is not the best. Granted Ive not seen it but I had found a good review somewhere when I was looking into it.

Alright, post up some video of your hopping!

Thanks for the info, my hopping is far from graceful but as soon as the weather picks up I'll get my GoPro out and get some of my attempts on video, you never know I might get some pointers and feedback.