Registering My Yam Ty175

doogle

Hello

Just after some advice. Pretty much getting there with the registering my Yam TY175. On the case with NOVA, have a dating letter from Yamaha etc.

Just completing the V55/5. As trials bikes are exempt from type approval, can I leave all the boxes that say 'get this information from the certificate of conformity' blank? Or is certificate of conformity something completely different? Wheelbase, Mass etc?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Dave

For the date of your bike, presumably late 70s or 80s yamaha should be able to supply a certificate of newness, which includes the same information as a letter of conformity and you should be able to transfer the information over.

Type approval exemption is for newer vehicles. In the case of motorcycle one of the requirements for exemption is that the seat height does not exceed a certain figure, seehttp://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/52564-type-approval-trials-bike/

I would shortcut that process and save some money and hassle. Most TYs were registered so yours probably was/is. There is a form you can send to DVLA with the frame number and £25 to get a replacement registration doc.

From DVLA "If you have acquired a vehicle without a registration number and have reason to believe it is registered you will need to complete a V62 Application form for a Registration Certificate (V5C).

You will need to attach a covering letter explaining the registration number is unknown but you have reason to believe the vehicle has been registered. You must also confirm in the letter that the vehicle is complete and available for inspection.

It is mandatory that the VIN/chassis number is completed on the V62 or the application will be rejected. Please be aware that there is a charge of £25 for a V5C Registration Certificate.

Please submit the V62 with a covering letter"

Edited by 2stroke4stroke
  • Like 1

I would shortcut that process and save some money and hassle. Most TYs were registered so yours probably was/is. There is a form you can send to DVLA with the frame number and £25 to get a replacement registration doc.

From DVLA "If you have acquired a vehicle without a registration number and have reason to believe it is registered you will need to complete a V62 Application form for a Registration Certificate (V5C).

You will need to attach a covering letter explaining the registration number is unknown but you have reason to believe the vehicle has been registered. You must also confirm in the letter that the vehicle is complete and available for inspection.

It is mandatory that the VIN/chassis number is completed on the V62 or the application will be rejected. Please be aware that there is a charge of £25 for a V5C Registration Certificate.

Please submit the V62 with a covering letter"

Is this definitely correct as DVLA have always maintained that even with the registrations they hold on computer, they cannot (I've always taken that as will not) trace a registration number from the chassis number. I've had this argument with them many times in the past, even when I know a bike is registered, they wouldn't tell me. V62 is generally used to apply for a V5 when the registration is known.

Maybe things have changed..

There will be Pre-84 records IF at the time they computerised their system owners sent in the old log book and applied for the then new V5. This would have been done automatically when tax was renewed. If a vehicle was left untaxed and the log book not sent in, then the registration didn't get computerised.

• 1 year later...

Hi Dave, I too has just bought a TY175 trial bike that has never been on the road, the engine and chasis match but thats all i know! i have never owned a bike before and have just started having bike lessons. This bike was a poster i had on my bedroom wall as a kid, midlife crisis I've decided its time i fulfilled my wish.

Any advice you can give me i would be greatly appreciative on getting the bike on the road.

Regards

Pete