Repsol Montesa Or 250 Factory Beta New Bike Purchase

helicoptermanr22

Hi again.Currently have a 2013 300 Beta and Is a great bike and looking to blow my work bonus on a new bike in the next month.

I've owned a new 4rt and was a really good bike, light tractable. awesome build quality etc and owned a fantastic 2012 Beta Evo 250 Factory. Both brilliant bikes in their own right..

Im really interested in either a new Montesa Repsol or a 2015 Factory Beta..that has not been released yet

So with the release of the 2015 250 Factory immanent.

Does anyone know what the specs are and colour etc???

They say that Italy will have the first lot available but would be interested to know if anyone knows anything more??

Which of the two mentioned bikes is more desirable to own?

I may do a small local competition occasionally and I'm Club-man level so does not justify having a highly competitive machine but I really enjoy trials riding and escaping from her indoors and gonna blow the lot so she doesn't get er hands on it.

Many thanks

Edited by helicoptermanr22
  • Like 1

Hi Steve, Yeh, I suppose if I could get a demo on the two together then would be easier but that isn't going to happen realistically and either 5700 or 7000 is alot to spend.

Appreciate the 4 versus 2 stroke argument. boils down to which ever you prefer, as they are all good.

My Yamaha F70 outboard is now the same weight and revs more than the two stroke versions. But still love the smell of a two stroke in the morning!!

The price is a big difference, The Mont will hold it's value better so when it comes to sell It won't be much difference 3 years down the line.

I'm a 2 stroke fan, been riding them for 32 years, I feel the 4 strokes lacking in the mud even the 4RT with the 300 kit.

The Mont rides better than the Beta as far as set up and suspension goes, The new 260 4rt is lovely to ride and for a novice they almost ride them selves until it comes to the really hard stuff. I don't dislike them they are just not me.

Beta has re designed the rear suspension this year but I have not yet ridden this model. If they have sorted it out from the earlier ones you can't really go wrong with the beta for build and power delivery.

Both bikes are a really sensible choice so I see your dilemma.

Thanks Guys.. and it IS a dilemma.. My 2014 4rt was a joy to ride.. very torquey.almost snatchey torquey.. brilliant on the long hill climbs. no mixing of fuel.and felt planted. Like armchair trials!! etc

my 2012 factory beta again was so good to ride, light (even tho there is only a couple of kgs in it) easy to kick over. very flick-able. Parts are really cheap.. a brilliant bike all round.

etc.

Looking at the resale's of both.. it looks like after one year if in mint condition, the Repsol will lose about a grand ish and after 3 years about 2k/2.5k and the Factory Evo 250 is even rarer .. Loads of 300 s around though.

As soon as the factory versions are released it will be decision time.

Sure, why not make it even harder for him to choose. ;)

Why not? Lol, if I had silly money to spend and to maintain a bike I'd go for an ossa, they just look so damn cool!

But really, what's wrong with a gasgas or a sherco? Just curious...

EDIT: In response to the OP, you've owned versions of both bikes, maybe ask yourself which one you had most fun on? I'll go back to my corner now, hahaha!

Edited by hrmad
  • Like 2

Ha Ha thanks Guys...Ok. and this is in no way directing my decision, (honest) A mate of mine had a sherco a while ago and things went wrong with it from the start.. same with the Gas Gas..and also not really sure about the trellis style frame on the gasser so I sort of hid back in my safety net and decided on one or the other.. I really Did like my 2014 4RT.. and the Beta 2012 factory, it was faultless and all the bits are soooo cheap etc

I'm just waiting to see what the new Factory 250s are like (End of feb) and I'm hoping It will be a quick decision, I was really bored at work today so to entertain myself I was toying with the "Buy It Now" button on the Repsol!!

Rejoined Zona1 for some weelie good entertainment!! :)

• Like 1