Spare Kit

dusty23

Evening all .

Having recently got back into the world of trials , I realise that I need to think about carrying spares . Not necesarliy on me in person , but as a back up . For example , whilst trying to be clever and cut through a stream I caught my clutch hose right next to the clutch and split it . This led me to trying to play for half an hour with no clutch . Which was fun , sort of !

Any way , my point is , do you keep a few spares ie clutch hoses , break hoses , inner tubes , clutch levers etc . My real train of thought is that it may only take 48 hours to get replacements sent out but it can kill a weekend of playing .

Or should I not be such a clumsy T##T

Cheers all Dusty

On a pro model, I carry a throttle assembly, clutch lever, brake lever and a shift lever. All things easily replaced in less thn a few minutes. I do have quite a few parts at home. Really any large inventory leads to a dealership. At that point trials is not near as fun.

• Like 1

how often do you break parts? i have one spare lever and one spare spark plug i keep in the truck. other than that no inventory. i have heard about the GG parts like the shift lever and some internals but not sure what those guys do.

at most events there are dealers around so getting a spare should i fall and break one shouldn't be an issue.(hopefully)

Thanks guys ,

pritty much summed up my thoughts . I dont generaly break anything , in 4 months I have snapped my clutch lever once and the clutch hose . I know it is trivial and I dont want to end up with van loaded with spares . I think I will go with a spare set of levers , hydraulic hoses , chain and few others as standby kit for home or in the van .

I do always ride with , even when playing is a small rucksack that contains a few basic tools and small tyre pump to help me out of the proverbial

Once again , thanks for your help and the input in to how I tackle the spares issue .

Cheers Dusty