Villiers Engine - 2 Stroke Oil And Mix Ratio

john b

Hi John,

I run my 8e,s on racing castor @ 80 or 100 to one, besides the lovely smell, my engines last as long as anyone elses. In the Yamaha ty250 manual, Yam recommend Castrol R40 at 80 to 1 and the modern castors are far superior, so give it a try. Trev.

tried running my iron barrel 34 a trials outfit on 40-1 great in sections but partial seizures on the road between sections was a prob lem even with modern synthetic oil i have gone to 25-1 and the bike is still great in the sections and it keeps going and you can thrash it for miles with no problems , so having tried various mixes i know what i am sticking to 25-1 as greeves recomended, . will

Hi folks

Re using Aspen fuel: I am rebuilding an old racing Bantam for fast (!) road work. As it has a fibreglass tank I wanted to stay away from modern fuels so asked Aspen for their recommendation. Their reply was to use Aspen4 (4 stroke mix) 'to give storage stabile fuel and the other benefits, then add 2stroke oil recommended for the Bantam.'