Ty Mono Engine Rumble

barfy

I went out practicing today and after a couple of hours I occasionally felt a rumble our unbalance in the engine. It wasn't constant and only at low revs. I'll have a look during the week, but in the mean time any ideas where to look?

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to start looking for the problem tonight.

I'm favourite on something loose. Just before this outing I took the clutch off and washed it out so I hope that I didn't tighten something properly. There again it's probably wishful thinking.

• Like 1

The bolts at the rear of the bash plate were loose because the thread had stripped. Also one of the engine mounts was loose. Seems to have lost the rumble (around the garden anyway).

Give a proper go in anger next weekend.

• Like 1

That should hopefully account for it. I had an engine bolt come loose on my Sherpa once on the road and the rumble was bad enough for me to think the clutch flywheel weight had come loose - or worse. Rumble disappeared when we tightened the bolt.... Also had the same affect on another Sherpa when a badly mis-shaped bashplate was touching the underneath of the engine. The rumble disappeared when the bashplate was removed