First Splatter Attempt!

leeson660

Hi chaps

Bought my first moto trials bike a few months ago and I'm completely hooked.

Just thought I'd post a vid of my first proper attempt at a splatter from this weekend. After a few fairly wild efforts managed to hook this one up :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWmSLxTtFF0

Any comments / technique tips more than welcome. I love filming in the 120fps mode on the GoPro3, great for seeing where things are going right or wrong.

Cheers

James

www.trials-uk.com

• Like 2

wow, looking good :D judging by your avatar you've got a trials bicycle background?

Thanks mate :) Yes ridden mtb trials for over 12 years but last 5 years been concentrating on DH. Rode MX for quite few years when younger which helps a lot too. Just loving learning a new discipline, got the same excited school kid feeling when first started riding trials learning new stuff every time I go out.

Nice, but that technically that is not a splatter. Back wheel hitting the object first is a splatter.

Bugger! What's that technique actually called? Is there any disadvantage of using the front wheel bounce?

Cheers

• Like 1

I would call that a roll up. If you used a double blip, you could go up much slower and controlled and come to a complete stop at the top. What you did is perfect for endurocross.

Fair enough :) In mtb trials its called a touch hop. I don't think I'd have a hope with a double blip on that height of rock. It was a flat run in with no kicker so the front touch definitely helped I think :) I'll give it a go with back wheel first next time.

Cheers for the help appreciate it.