Tiger Cub Running Hot

bobb

Hello,

my tiger cub is running very hot, the front bend in the exhaust gets red hot ( only visible in the dark)

if has a full armac exhaust and it runs nice, idles fine and revs fine

is it normal the front bend gets that hot ? ( doesnt take long after 5 min of running its red hot)

anyone else who uses armac exhaust ? could it be these stainless exhausts get hotter ?

used to have a 320 sherco 4 stroke and that exhaust also got red hot

any advise to keep a cub cooler ?

kindest regards bob

i was just running in the garden,

checked the timing and it seemed a bit advanced not retarded air filter is clean bike has not run a trial yet i think the engine has done 5 h of running in

now the marks aline at TDC (upb electronic ignition)

Depending how long ago you got it, UPB used to sell PVL or Electrex world ignitions as their own brand. The mark you are using could be the point when the spark occures rather than the TDC mark. In which case you will be around 5 degress retarded. The only way to set the timing is use a strobe.

Yes, at tick over it should fire around 5 deg before top dead, the built in advance will take it to around 30 deg before top dead when you rev it. I cut a template with the 5 deg angle so i could quickly mark the stator. Put the engine on tdc and mark the stator with white paint or tipex at tdc and 5 deg before tdc . Run the engine to see where it is firing now. If you have to move the stator dont forget the marks will now be out, remove the original marks and re- do them and strobe it again.