B25 Barrel On C15

hencam

All,

i am hoping to fit a B25 Barrel onto C15 crankcases, also using the C15 head. many have already done this mod, my question is how do you get the oil back to the crankcases as the drain holes in the B25 barrel only one is the correct side as the C15 has them diagonal. can you drill down the side of the barrel and put a pipe in?? could you mill a track around the gasket face on top of the barrel from the where the drain hole from the c15 head meets the barrel?

i have only seen one one and he had a very late B25 barrel and there was enough 'meat' to drill down the side? my B25 barrels are earlier and don't have enough room, hence my question about pipe??

as always any suggestions gratefully received?

Hi as I understand it you will need to use the b25 head otherwise you will have problems around the push rod tube,this will also mean the use of a b25 piston to suit the combustion chamber, I assume that you are already aware of the need for a quarter inch

spacer at the base as the c15 conrod is longer.

good luck

I'm aware of the spacer, and the pushrod tunnel issue can be fixed by milling the barrel so it mirrors the C15, then using the standard pushrod tube.

I'm just curious about the oil route. I'm thinking that milling a thin slot would do it, but happy to hear other options