Fantic 245 Carb

dmc2028372

Morning all.. Ive bought a fantic 240 with a 245 engine in it.. Its a tidy job, but the engine doesn't run as crisply from the bottom and I suspect its down to the sh...y oko carb on it. Ive had an oko on my other 240 and never had much success with it so went back to a new dellorto, 100% better..

Any suggestions as to what to try.. Do I go back to the proper dellorto for that engine (PHBH26?) What exactly is the correct carb for it? There are so many slighty different versions of the 26 carb? Or do I go down the keihin route? Thanks

Thanks for your replies. Auxsluv, what's the jetting on your oko?

Mine was set up by a chap in Eastleigh and shipped to me here in the states , And except for a float valve with microscopic imperfections (that I replaced with a kehin one ) , I've never had a issue with it . Crisp and quite powerful from idle to WFO ... As to the jetting , I don't know , never needed to play with it .(if it ain't broke , don't fix it !!!) I do know the idle circuit in the carb has been modified and to what extent I do not know as I've never had a standard OKO to compare it too . And like everything else these days there are Chinese copies of the Taiwan made OKO's that are almost identical in looks alone , not quality ... My 240 starts 1st or 2nd kick everytime cold , and 1/2 a kick hot , Idles so low and stable most folks think it's gonna stall ,

​and will tractor up from idle without any complaints , allows me to not use my clutch as much as I probably should . She's real smooth till about 2/3 throttle then the lovely 240 pro comes on pipe and you best be pointed correctly ... :) Ryan Young always grins more than normal when he plays on her . :)

Glenn :)

Hi, I got to ride my 240 today in a trial. It runs very well. Starts so easy, runs nice and clean, no stalls, nice smooth power, very tractable. Jetting on my OKO is P 35, M100.

However the tank is a standard one and I filled it most of the way to the top, I was surprised to have it go on reserve in a 4 lap x 10 section trial on a relatively small ground although it was muddy. Dunno why it drinks so much fuel. I dont recall my 300 using that much back in the days when I could still drink and shag on the same night.

• Like 2