Beta Rev 3 125 2006

itstommmm

The Beta manual says 25:1 for mineral oil and 65:1 for Bardahl VBA (a high quality viscous synthetic)

Oil mix ratios are often cause of disagreement. I run at 32:1 on good quality synthetic oil which is too rich for many peoples liking. If you look at the labels on most oil manufacturers bottles they do not advise leaner than 50:1.

To a large extent it depends on how you are going to ride the bike. Autolube systems give about 100 or 110:1 at idle then richen up to 25 or 20:1 at full revs and full throttle.

Tyre pressures depend on your weight and how much you want to risk punctures and sidewall cuts.

I suggest 5 to 6 in front and 4 to 5 in rear as a starting point although quite a few riders will go a good bit lower than this.

The Beta manual says 25:1 for mineral oil and 65:1 for Bardahl VBA (a high quality viscous synthetic)

Oil mix ratios are often cause of disagreement. I run at 32:1 on good quality synthetic oil which is too rich for many peoples liking. If you look at the labels on most oil manufacturers bottles they do not advise leaner than 50:1.

To a large extent it depends on how you are going to ride the bike. Autolube systems give about 100 or 110:1 at idle then richen up to 25 or 20:1 at full revs and full throttle.

Tyre pressures depend on your weight and how much you want to risk punctures and sidewall cuts.

I suggest 5 to 6 in front and 4 to 5 in rear as a starting point although quite a few riders will go a good bit lower than this.

thanks for the advice mate will experiment with fuel oil and tyre pressure when i have the bike. i think i will try 40:1 or 45:1

Hi,

Had 6 Beta's now. Run them all at 75:1 fuel/oil mix using Putoline Strawberry TT Trial Oil. Used Putoline GP10 gear oil in gearbox and changed it regular. Ran tyres at 4 PSI rear and 8 PSI front. Spark plug NGK BP5ES ... Never had any trouble with this setup.

Cheers.

I've run the same 200 Rev 3 for 10 years (doesn't time fly when you're having fun?) at the recommended 75:1 using various semi synthetics, mainly Silkolene, with no problems. I don't use the modern 125 riding technique, if you know what I mean, but do like to enjoy the chance to open it up a bit on the moor crossings.

I run a twinshock at 50:1 (per the advice from Silkolene) and that sometimes gets put in the Beta with no apparent ill effect by way of smoking and it runs crisply enough.

Watch out for Ipone - I used that for a while and the bottle markings were, at these ratios, grossly inaccurate. Get a large syringe and use that to measure the oil whatever make you use.