Well Done Somerton Classic Club

bezaboy

I wouldn't expect anything less from Somerton Classic,they really know how to run a classic trial,I really enjoyed it. :thumbup:

Terrible news though, about Bill Hartnell and now Mike Holloway. Both great characters,and so well known and respected,a very sad loss for us trials folk and their families and friends.Only fitting that we had a minute silence for them at the start of the trial.

could not agree a more with both topics of the thread, an excellent day despite the weather, thanks to all observers who stood out there for us to have fun.

and yes sad news about Bill and Mike, the classic scene will not be the same without them.

I wouldn't expect anything less from Somerton Classic,they really know how to run a classic trial,I really enjoyed it. :thumbup:

Terrible news though, about Bill Hartnell and now Mike Holloway. Both great characters,and so well known and respected,a very sad loss for us trials folk and their families and friends.Only fitting that we had a minute silence for them at the start of the trial.

Jon, were you riding an AJS today?

Not at all, I thought it was you, we were having a laugh at sections 4 and 10, i was on a blue Sherpa 198, you gave me some advice a few weeks back on an Ariel I was buying.

Thanks again and hopefully I will recognise you next time. I did buy the Ariel in the end and am currently trying to get it trial ready in a basic form. if i like it then i will look for a more up to date frame and possibly short stroke it .

I remember ! that rain was horrible,the Mendips certainly doesn't disappoint if you want to get wet and cold...

Good luck with the Ariel,I'm in the process of starting the engine build of my short stroke,lots of workshop hours ahead. I think I'd get yours up and running and do a gradual improvement scheme,a fresh build is a bit daunting if you don't have lots of free time.(And a warm workshop)

Good score you had yesterday,I flunked it a bit by scoring a 5 for going the wrong way - 30 years or competing in trials and I still do it,slow learner I guess...

I remember ! that rain was horrible,the Mendips certainly doesn't disappoint if you want to get wet and cold...

Good luck with the Ariel,I'm in the process of starting the engine build of my short stroke,lots of workshop hours ahead. I think I'd get yours up and running and do a gradual improvement scheme,a fresh build is a bit daunting if you don't have lots of free time.(And a warm workshop)

Good score you had yesterday,I flunked it a bit by scoring a 5 for going the wrong way - 30 years or competing in trials and I still do it,slow learner I guess...

yes I got lucky, you have to hand it to steve hand, no pun intended a pre-unit 500 Triumph twin and he drops 1 all day!! now that is good ride.

you must have read my mind on the Ariel, my biggest concern is the castrol R, i pushed it around with the plug out for miles it seemed to pump the R around, it runs well and is reasonably quiet. i can't see a couple of trials hurting it, if i strip it down, i know i will not get it back together this year.