A New Outfit

raygrilli

Thought I'd share my new sidecar outfit. I made the chair as a close copy of a Rushton a colleague lent me that he uses with a Montesa. Tubing is 19mm x 1.6 and 25mm x 2.5mm. Chair wheel lead is 10.0''. Shock is from Falcon. Wheel hub is an unknown brand with 20mm ID bearings. Rim is 17'' x 1.2'm Honda Cub with tyre to suit. Brake is Hope. Swing arm is on nylon bushes and bronze sleeved shaft - thought I'd try without roller bearings and see how long it lasted...at least it won't seize with rust!
Bike is a 2002 Gasgas 250 Pro. First outing last weekend was entertaining to say the least. Hope to do some club trials at Mansfield Maun and see how we get on...

post-12238-0-21787800-1424781650_thumb.jpgpost-12238-0-53419100-1424781658_thumb.jpgpost-12238-0-71463100-1424781666_thumb.jpgpost-12238-0-12827100-1424781675_thumb.jpg

Edited by raygrilli
  • Like 1

i sat and watched you while i had a drink, you where both having a good laugh and the conditions at earl stilton where far from good, the rig looked the part, good luck, it's always good to see people passionate enough to get out and do it.

You built a beautiful car.

My only hope of owning one is to do the same as you, but your skills show. Mine would too, but in the wrong direction. haha

The tabs connecting the car to frame looks like they would wiggle the fastener. Perhaps I cant see whats really going on though. My preference would be an eye/jaw arrangement.

Well done on joining the brotherhood of the third wheel! You chair looks very well made and is a credit to you.

If you ever fancy a little trials holiday by the sea, come on over to the eastern centre and the Norfolk & Suffolk Junior Mcc. We run sidecars at all our trials and are working to get new, young and novice crews into the sport.