March Hare 2015

wallo

Yes Jon my thoughts exactly, they enjoy the in between tracks as well as a day out as one rider said to me he had been laning round Gloucestershire for years, it was good to do the event as it was different. He was on a late 70s trail bike . Trouble is the enduro bikes must make up the numbers as classic scene has been struggling in as far as next to no new blood coming in, especially the Brits. We got caught in a bad storm and missed some sections at the end but it was my first road trial and I enjoyed the day. Thanks to GVCMCC for a good day out . :thumbup:

Super day out. Very well organised and quick results. Don't understand all this dislike of certain bikes. Not sure why it's necessary to discriminate against someones choice of bike to ride. Not everyone can afford a pre65 and it's nice for the trail bikes to get a ride out. You never know, someone may buy a Pre 65 mount one day. I rode my twin shock trials bike and have no problem with sidecars, pre 65 or trail bikes riders.. It's nice they made the numbers up as only 50 odd pre65's. Doubt if it would have been viable to run with so few! I hear that some had entries had been returned as priority given to the classics. ... At the end of the day it's down to the club to decide what classes they want and if you don't like them guess it's best not to enter! Please, the few stop moaning about trivia!

Edited by gasserguy

Rode the March Hare sun,what a cracking day out again!This trial is as close to an original(Deryk days) Sammy Miller round as you are gonna get these days! I am under the impression that trail bikes are included for purely financial reasons cos there ain't enough pre 65 entries to make the event economically viable! It is true that a great number off the people involved with organising the event do in fact ride trail bikes.This could possibly cause a few problems in trying to ban them!It Would be Interesting to see how many people would drag a pre65 out to be able to ride in this premier event tho.

Bit confusing really,its actually a different club running the Cotswold Cups. The March Hare is run under the AMCA by Golden Valley Classic MCC, the Cotswold Cups is run by Adrian Moss's club - Golden Valley MCC, which is run under the ACU...

Its a very good trial on different land to the MH,usually starts in the Minchinhampton / Bisley area. Probably is a bit longer lap than the MH,excellent classic sections,many of which have been used for donkey's years.Lots of nice bikes too.Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Hi jon v8,

The confusion stems from the fact that there are two clubs, affiliation wise, but one club in reality.

I had managed, (in what Steve Allen called so interestingly, Deryk's days) to tell the AMCA and the ACU to stop their playground behaviour in 'banning' riders who rode in the other bodies events, to tell them that if they wanted to participate in my classic series they would have to enact changes that would forego the banning activities and just get on with the sport.

But time has passed and they have managed to slip back into the bad old ways............

Deryk

That may have been the case Deryk,but its more complicated than that.There are now 2 clubs, GV MCC and GV Classic MCC, totally separate now. And to make matters worse GV MCC which is Adrian Moss's club, run the Cotswold Cups under the ACU, and later in the year the Guy Fawkes under the AMCA, headed as Western Classic MCC, or at least that was how it was done last year...

Think I've got that right - but am happy and prepared to be corrected.

Edited by jon v8

Had to have a smile when gasser guy commented that modern bike riders possibly could not afford a pre65 trialer and hes probably right.The only reason I started Pre65 in the early eighty's was that I could not afford(or my parents couldn't) a modern bike!We swapped a carb off a flat tank triumph(brand new with tag)for a 197 Fanny B.We changed the wheels and forks out off a scrap DT175,(no 19 inch tyres available and new rims were to exspensive)and i was away,for 100yrds anyways before it broke down!Oh how times change!

That may have been the case Deryk,but its more complicated than that.There are now 2 clubs, GV MCC and GV Classic MCC, totally separate now. And to make matters worse GV MCC which is Adrian Moss's club, run the Cotswold Cups under the ACU, and later in the year the Guy Fawkes under the AMCA, headed as Western Classic MCC, or at least that was how it was done last year...

Think I've got that right - but am happy and prepared to be corrected.

John,

Call me sometime on 01599 588255 and all will be explained,

Deryk