Tlm200 And Tlm220 Preparation For Trials

esteve

I'm preparing a TLM220 for the Aircooled Mono class. All recommendations from anybody actually riding one would be appreciated (versus hearsay). I've seen a few being ridden as "Twinshocks" and they seem to perform very well in terms of power and agility; I just wish I'd tracked the riders down and asked them for some details...

1. Keep the Autolube or ditch it and use "Petroil" - what ratio petrol to oil for a modern synthetic 2T oil? Any need to rejet for Petroil?

2. Throttle cable. If the autolube is ditched what is an off the shelf single run cable than can be used to replace the split type?

3. Steering head angle. Is standard OK or is there a favoured modification.

4. Front Brake pads (disc brake); any preference for make/type?

5. Sprockets. 12/42 is recommended on one post in the Forums but that would seem to be a bit high?

6. Airbox mods. The Forums mention using a Montesa 315 filter; any pictures? Other suggestions?

7. Exhaust. Is it an expansion chamber or does it need to be cut open and repacked (e.g. like a Fantic 240).

8. There seems to be a gasket/sleeve missing from the join between the exhaust and the back box/silencer; where can this be obtained - part number or substitute?

9. Is the standard back box OK or are there aftermarket ones that offer a performance gain?

10. Footrest position and height?

11. Is anybody making tanks to fit under the one piece TLM250 type seat/tank shroud?

Thankyou

Edited by esteve