Mud Clogging Up Front Sprocket On A C15

broony

Out on the bike today and my C15 was struggling with the mud clogging the front sprocket.

Fortunately I don't ride in mud too much but on a few occasions that I do the issue with

the front sprocket clogging causes the bike to snatch(chain jumping sprocket??),is there

a way off keeping mud out the sprocket.I have an extension on the bottom of the mudguard

going past the swingarm pivot.Any ideas??

cheers the noo Brian

Making sure the chainguard goes below the lower chain run and there are no gaps between the mud and chain guards is about all you can do.The guards made and fitted by the previous owner of my AJS look a bit overkill,but I have to do a stupidly muddy trial before the chain picks any up,which is good for gearbox,clutch and chain life on an old banger...

• Like 1

if the mucks coming from the chain in the first place the most obvious way to stop it is a chain guard that proper;y protects the chain top and bottome runs as they pass the wheel tyre swing arm .. failing that move to spain..

• Like 2

I mentioned it as my rev3 had the same problem that was greatly helped by going a tooth down on the front and 2-3 larger on the back, removing the front sprocket guard also helped.

Edited by the addict

Quote:

I mentioned it as my rev3 had the same problem that was greatly helped by going a tooth down on the front and 2-3 larger on the back, removing the front sprocket guard also helped.

Those two changes would make for a significant lowering of the gearing, no?