Bike Transport- Vw Caddy 2006Ish- Big Enough ?

scott_wilkes

Yes , I have a swb Caddy 06 reg, will take 2 bikes at a push , both need to be corner to corner and 2 nd bike needs to go in backwards, it is a squeeze though. I have had 2 x twinshocks in mine , modern bikes shouldn't be a problem. A maxi would be easier to fit straight in. Good vans like a car to drive. Headroom is tight in the back, they are lower than a Mk2 .

Can't you go down to the showroom and ask

"I'm looking for a van but need to know if it's got enough space, can I try it"

'Sure sir, try that one"

Then you roll two bikes into the showroom!!!

I've always wanted to do that - roll into a VW Van Centre with a couple of Trials bikes and see the Salesman's face

• Like 1

I've always wanted to do that - roll into a VW Van Centre with a couple of Trials bikes and see the Salesman's face

Been there, done that, when I was looking for something smaller and more economical than a T5. Bought a caddy maxi life so I can do 60 on A roads and use the outside lane of a motorway. Insurance is cheaper too.

After a trial before they have been cleaned would be good. Of course after you have stomped across the showroom in dirty boots.

• Like 2

After a trial before they have been cleaned would be good. Of course after you have stomped across the showroom in dirty boots.

Even better, ask to try one for a day and turn up in your own van in the morning, unload your clean bikes into the demo VW Caddy and go to the trial, see how it does in a muddy field

After the trial, return to the dealers, with a muddy bike and dirty van and drive your clean van home :moon:

• 4 months later...

• 3 weeks later...