Chispa

dylan9

Hi Lads, looking info from someone who has experience in these little bikes. I am trying to put it together for a friend who dismantled it years ago and put it into boxes with other bike bits that are not for this bike. I got a gasket set, no head gasket in it, does it need one?.How much oil in gear box, and where do you actually put it :blush: To be honest the only reason im building it is, it was the first Chispa made and has the matching 001 numbers. Any info on this little bike would be very much appreaciated, Many Thank's

Spoke to my Bultaco parts guy and he informed me parts are about non existant, He also said the motor was not a Bultaco of any sort,

it was a moped motor and subject to the transmission & the bottom of the case breaking if you tried to kick start the thing.

I was advised to stay far away.

Sorry to throw water on your plans. Might put it together & admire it as they must be pretty rare.

May hap someone knows more & can help.

Larry

Here a pic of different model years of the Ducati:

50TT.JPG

senda50_2.JPG

If you really want to restore the Chispa you might look out for Ducati Mopeds of the mid 70's and you will find.

If you want to restore a bike do your homework first which means take a Close look to the history read old

books and magazines, then parts are no big problem ...

• Like 2

Hi Dylan- you might try info thru parts/workshop manual for the Ducati 50TT motor. They are probably easier to access. Also just by going thru the entries for both bikes on Google and Google Images you can get a fair bit of information. I think Pschrauber & Gasgas have good advice, it's a very interesting bike, especially being the first one and well worth doing a nice job on it. Good luck-

Edited by larrynz

If somebody is interested i have the complete owners manual of the Ducati Senada Trial and also the complete engine drawings and can make copys of them.You can find these little engines on a lot of jumbles in italy for 50 ish Euros.Even on Ebay It .

Just a question for my own curiosity, did they run the kick shaft & shifter thru from the original design? By the length

of the kicker & the foot peg, one would think care would be advised. Only have pictures to look at.

Thanks

• 3 years later...
On 24/03/2015 at 11:41 AM, ducman said:

If somebody is interested i have the complete owners manual of the Ducati Senada Trial and also the complete engine drawings and can make copys of them.You can find these little engines on a lot of jumbles in italy for 50 ish Euros.Even on Ebay It .

hi mate is the send manual still available? i have a 75tt looking for a manual 

Hi I’m new here and so far really appreciative of the help I’ve had from everyone so big thanks. Quick q? Does anyone have any links to finding the attached. I’m rebuilding a senda 75tt “big bro” of the 50. I’m after the crank bearings and seal kit. The numbers are worn but it looks like 6204 on the bearing. And then the motoplat electronico. I found a CDI unit but this pictured 9809821E-3849-4145-AE99-B8C619F9DFFA.thumb.jpeg.c3017a2de00c6399a5c38a4eaed27254.jpeg59891342-6CCC-4F44-AE64-49528624EB56.thumb.jpeg.5b79050d544ddb814184b21156b19b96.jpegD91AC538-FE6E-41AE-9100-D79E204EB497.thumb.jpeg.b7e413982837287ff78ee8ac6c192a9a.jpeg246F67B2-A3E7-4C52-AE39-83F67294F347.thumb.jpeg.dbe62d4cfb9ea0fca2fc63ae3f6df423.jpegunit is only giving out a tiny spark. Thanks again.  Any leads are massively appreciated. 

Bearings & seals are fairly common type, I don't see a C3 on the bearings so any bearing retailer should be able to supply them. Unlike the Japanese manufacturers the European companies used common sized bearings instead of having specials made that were only available through their dealer networks, often 1 dimension would be .5mm larger on the outside in Japanese bikes

Seals should also be available from the same source, ask for 2 lip Viton seals if possible as these cope with modern fuel better the Nitrile seals which are what the originals appear to be

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...