Fitting A 2006 Rev3 270 With The Keihin Pwk 28 Carb

podracer

Says he`s using a 145 and 27.5 up to 1000m and 2nd clip down, air screw 1,5 turns out

Yep , I saw That too,

But the last sentece I dont get it ...

Extention de cuve ???

And also ¨ Monter le boiseu no 2 si cest le no 3 qui est en place ??

Stu at Jack`s cycles is more likely to actually get the order done promptly. Unfortunately you cannot get an order straight from American Beta unless found on their online store. They only deal through the dealer network.

Extention de cuve.?.

There was a carb extension used on the bowl of the Mikuni by some of the top riders. Never saw it did much good. Funny that article it came from then referred to the Billy T carb fix.

Wish I could help more, but I have never dealt with American Beta. They are the third importers of Beta to the USA. I used to get Beta parts from the first two.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They came with a 150 main, 27.5 pilot. At your altitude I would run a 140 main(145 if trail running) with a 30 pilot. As for Billy t`s carb fix, the most important thing is the float level adjustment. The tang is to be adjusted pointing quite high towards the top of the pilot jet tower. I`ve ran the mikuni for years with no real issues. I ran a 2006 that ran flawlessly to 2500 mts. I recently had seen a 2006 Rev 3 that ran real lethargic. The bike was properly jetted, and had been like that for years. It was sold to some enduro guys that instantly read these threads and popped for the newer Del Orto. The bike still ran poorly, just never really revved out. I only rode that bike the one time, and have not seen it since. There was a post on here about a guy with the same problems, turned out to be the coil. The opinion was it would break down at mid rpms, but not noticeably. Always felt like carburation, not electrical. Good luck.

PS, most of the rev 3`s ran very smooth and slow compared to the `08. Even when new and everything working perfectly.

Hi Lineaway,,

Im on the route to reduce the main and pilot as your advice....

bUT YOU MENTION A COIL PROBLEM..

How I can test my COIL to find out and discard this ??

Is there a COIL Test PRocedure ??

Thanks

I fitted a Dellorto VHST to my old 2007.

It totally transformed the bike.

What you need is

Dellorto VHST 26mm

Either one with part number R9359BD or R9354BD (I got one of these from a Dutch website for around 100 euros delivered)

(They are virtually the same carb)

Though you could get your Dellorto supplier to build a VHST 26mm for you.

The B in Dellorto code means it fits via a rubber (like your Mikuni) rather than a bolted clamp, which would be A.

The D is for Destra, Italian for Right , so has right hand mixture and idle

(An S would be Sinistra or Left mixture and idle)

Jets etc are:

Main jet between 115 and 120

Pilot jet S38

Needle D47

Needle Jet 272H

Throttle 50 or 55

Float valve 250 or 270

Choke jet 70

(Carbs usually come with a 60 Choke jet fitted and can be difficult to cold start, just run a 0.7mm drill bit through the choke jet and hey presto, it's a 70!)

The carb fits straight on after you've turn the airbox to carb rubber around and a bit of cable modification.

Hi Goudrons,

I could not wait anymore..and waste more time tunning my mikuni.

I just Pay Pal Lewisport for the :

BETA REV 3 DELLORTO FLAT SLIDE CONVERSION
$226.00
I tried to find a better deal for a Keihin but after the both intakes manifolds, the new throttle cable, and the Keihin carb ...
Its was going to be more money..than getting the dellorto... whis is plug and play carb install.
So hopefully the Dellorto is going to give me better and more trouble free days of riding.
Thanks for your advice :thumbup: