Practice Ground Near Skipton ?

paul w

There are a few quarries near skipton that are great for practising in, although you are not allowed to go in them.

There is Skipton Moor, which has a small quarry, but recently local residents have complained at the number of people up there on bikes, so the police come down quite hard on anyone riding up the road to get there, you're best access is on the roman road from Draughton, but thats about 4 miles away.

Other than that, there are no other practise grounds in skipton

Addingham Moorside is not a quarry, but there's plenty of rocks.

Its where Yeadon & Guiseley host the Mackenzie Trophy (British Championship round). Park up on the flat bit inside the gate, remembering to shut it behind you. The farmer will probably turn up and collect a couple of quid per head. Best two quid you'll ever spend.

You can get to it from Silsden or from the A65. I think the road that runs past the venue is called Lightbank Lane or something similar.

Cheers

Chis Mo.

ive been to addingham today on my cyclo trials bike.......... plenty of motorcycle trials riders up there! i wish i had taken my moto trials instead of my push bike............

i was talking to a feww riders they was really helpful when i was asking about the different techniques needed as i have just started in this sport......... a top venue

ash