2015 250 Any Issues?

scorpatic

My son rides a 2015 Sherco 250 on the novice route.and so far is well pleased,and his riding buddy had a 300, Sherco 2015 but traded it in for a 250 model.and he rode it this week-end past.and said it was a lot easier to ride, no arm wrenching stuff,which he had with the 300,lol

go for it. the 250 does not have the keihin carb on there fore wont be as snappy and will be nice. i got my new 125 2015 sherco 3 weeks ago. the shercos have improved an awful lot in the last couple of years. they are great bikes.

heres some tips for maintenance:

when washing put a bung in the exhaust so you dont spoil the packing with water.

take the airfilter out and stuff a clean rag down there so you block the hose. then clip the cover back down ( this takes seconds) you need to do this because it is very easy to fill the airbox up with water as the intakes are at the top of the frame and open. i have used this method and my airfilter is still brand new and i have done a couple of trials and lots of practice. also theres not a drop of dirt in the air box.

fit an inline fuel filter. again really easy job takes a few minutes. just put it inbetween the pump and fuel tap. take the fuel hose of and cut out the right length and clip the filter in. this will stop mud and grit getting in the carb and engine eventually. it is really easy if muddy to get mud in the tank . tape over the cap when riding if muddy. take the stand of as this can clog up the swing arm with leaves and mud slowing the rear wheel down. again just like with any new bike you should go over everything and grease the bearings after a few rides, along with bolts like the fork clamps and wheelspindles. from new this year they seem to have a good enough amount of grease in already so like i said you can wait a few rides for this. i would change oil after 2nd ride. any more questions just post. good luck your love it!

• Like 1

I have one and no issues with the bike. No significant mods needed. I've tried a few other bikes over the years and come back again to the Sherco 250. The only bike I'd even consider as an alternative is the new Scorpa - looks more or less the same bike except the frame surrounds the radiator and the fuel tank is in the more conventional spot.

• 2 months later...