Peak Classic Trial This Sunday 29Th March At Stathams Quarry Matlock

Peak Classic are holding another round of their 2015 club Championship at Stathams Quarry opposite Matlock Golf Course on the A632 Matlock to Chesterfield road. The nearest post code is DE4 5LZ which is the golf club opposite the entrance to the venue.

Classes for British Bikes, Pre 85 Twinshocks, Air Cooled Monos and Over 50's on moderns.

Routes for Expert, Classic Expert, Intermediate, Classic Intermediate and Clubman

Start time is as usual 11.00 am dont forget to reset your clocks guys ! and entries close 15 mins before the start.

For more information results Championship positions etc go to the clubs website at www.peakclassic.co.uk

See you there

Hi otf,

If anyone at your trial is taking photos at any of your events, with a modern digital camera and could let me have copies of their photos along with a copy of the results showing the riders names and riding numbers, then I will publish a fully illustrated photoreport in my digital magazine.

You don't need to be an expert photographer, 'cos I will crop, edit and make them suitable for publication, and your club gets totally free permanent publicity - and remember I don't just show the winners - there wouldn't be a trial without all the also rans, so I give them just as much exposure - everyone deserves their fifteen minutes of fame...........

If anyone is interested, just drop me an email at 'offroarchive@gmail.com' and I will explain all.

Please note: this ONLY applies to classic or twinshock trials - and the whole digital magazine is devoted to our classic sport and the history of the sport.

Cheers

Deryk Wylde

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Hi otf,

Let's be optimistic, I would be very happy to help.

For anyone wanting to give it a try with a camera, here are a few tips.

Head on shots of riders coming towards you don't make a good photograph - most front wheels and forks look alike, and you rarely get any idea of the section.

Shots taken three-quarters front or full side on are usually far more interesting, specially if you have found a nice vantage point with the light (sun if you are lucky) behind the photographer, as long as a riding number is visible so that we can identify the rider.

It is best not to zoom too close, you lose the surroundings that set the 'atmosphere' of the event - and in the pre-press stage I can zoom and crop anyway - always better to have too much in the picture so that I can crop to the pictorially interesting - than not enough - in which case I'm scuppered.........

But remember you are there to enjoy yourself as well..........

Cheers

Deryk Wylde

And remember, your own name will always be included in the captions - so you get the recognition, in ORRe every photographer is identified.