Fuel Leaking *from* Idle Air Screw?!?!

trialtrial

I am looking at the float bowl and float area, trying to understand what is going on. I have attached two pictures, the float bowl, and the underside of the carb.

There is a precision orifice in the float bowl (marked A on float bowl pic), this lets fuel into a a little chamber on the float bowl. This appears to be picked up by a tube (makred "A" on the underside of the carb pic). What does this do? If I was to guess - is it for the choke?

I have to take a few more pics to understand how fuel is getting up into the air screw if the float height is wrong.

post-14078-0-22232000-1427550563_thumb.jpg

post-14078-0-15206900-1427550579_thumb.jpg

Hi, Remove the floats, You will then see 2 tamper proof torx screws, Undo these and the jet tower will come off, You will see a rubber gasket on it, Check it is o.k and look for some rough castings or bad machining.

Also make sure the float level is correct, Look on splat shops website for the info, Don't take any notice of the one on the beta website.

• Like 1

Steve, unfortunately no tamper proof torx (yet). But decided to check fuel level by using my clear float bowl. Picture 1 below shows fuel level to the top of the float bowl. No clue if this is right or not, but I don't think it is. So I adjusted the floats a bit so fuel level has been reduced to about 2-3mm below the top.

What do you think?

post-14078-0-15513300-1427602067_thumb.jpg

post-14078-0-66972100-1427602074_thumb.jpg

My Oko with the clear bowl has the fuel level quite a bit lower than that, how are the floats adjusted compared to how splatshop shows?

You may have damage on the Viton tip of the float needle causing it to not seal properly if the floats are set to their recommendation & the level is still this high