New 4Rt Mods

mrorange

The new rear mudguards are more rigid than the '05 - '13 models, so they tend to tear through the mounting holes where the guard screws into the airbox. I've plastic welded the supports and the guard can still tear away. Last weekend I saw a different approach, cut an inverted "V" so that the guard actually comes away from the bike easier - and without tearing.and#160;

or

Put latest rear mudguard in the garage for when you sell it or for summer evening trials and fit the old pre 2014 rear mudguard.

Got fed up with a muddy back as new ones are fashionably thin but in fact the worse thing on my 2015 - even worse than the stand

PS

Got to have something to moan about. 

• Like 2

Might be that there are 2 types of rear mudguards. Gas Gas has this, one hard one for registration plate purposes, and one soft one.

Nope, not for montesa, they use a plastic (pré 2014) or a steel (2014 and on) support, for lights and plate, that bolts on under the original rear mud guard.

Might be that there are 2 types of rear mudguards. Gas Gas has this, one hard one for registration plate purposes, and one soft one.

There are 2 type of 4rt rear mudguard

Post 2014 that are fashionable and narrow and as much use as the proverbial chocolate tea pot   

and

Pre 2014 that actually do what they say - keep the mud off .

I haven't crash tested a new one but the old version are as tough as old boots and will bend in half and then just shrug it off, I know!! 

• Like 1

reduce the engine brake and increase power.

It's a little thing, but with the rest of the mods it's nice.

i dont se the connection between the cam chain tensioner and increasment of power and engine braking.

on crf's you replace the oem cam chain tensioner due to the spring inside gets soft and will not put the correct tension on the chain.. so you replace it with a fixed unit.

Edited by cmxi

Cam chain tensioner reducing engine braking  and giving more power ?????    I suppose you will tell me next that I can convert my four stroke to a two stroke by removing two of the strokes ?????

Edited by billyt
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cam chain tensioner reducing engine braking  and giving more power ?????    I suppose you will tell me next that I can convert my four stroke to a two stroke by removing two of the strokes ?????

Please try to turn your rear wheel with and without the 2nd chain tensioner ... any difference ?

I'm sure you understand now.

It's the same in supermoto with o-ring chain and classic chain.

low friction, best result.

Regarding the timing chain with manual tensioner, less engine brake is right, more power ... i can't feel the difference.

Edited by ahell

• 2 months later...

Last pictures of my 2016.

mitani timing chain tensioner

mitani full titanium exhaust

alloy Tech fork

Texalium clutch cover guard

CSP modified (lighter) skid plate

S3 alloy footrest

Jitsie alloy chain tensioner

Jitisie 5.5 inch handlebar (renthal grip)

Twin air filter & white throttle.

Jitsie 42 fim

Freno pads

Repsol 2015 black frame stickers

Repsol 2016 swingarm and fork stickers

Jitsie black number plate

snv32498-4ec15d1.jpg
snv32500-4ec15d3.jpg
snv32501-4ec15d5.jpg

Edited by ahell
  • Like 1