Bultaco Flywheel Woes

sherpated

Tomtom385 jep I can follow you on that one! Thanks for the offer by the way I might take you up on that one .?I think the original looks more like the one from the m92. I also stumbled apon a post from 2012 where one of the members has posted a pictire of a correct one I think (the 350 at 2.85 kg) http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/41223-198b-angine-differences-flywheel/

as far as I can gather is that there are only a few types as you state Woody..Ill get back to you tomorrow...

Have 2 mod 92 in the shop today ( square cases, clutch adjuster on RH side)

the wheel below is identical to the mod 85 250 that is on the shelf , at one time I knew the exact difference

in weight but I think it was 8 oz lighter, as a point in fact we put it on our young lads competition bike for

fun & his only comment was "I have lost my traction a bit"

As for the Alp with the broke wheel, probably either would suffice

Went searching & the early M 10 ect 250 cc W/ clutch adjustment on LH side are indeed quite rounded, &

would certainly foul M 92 wheel shoulders.

Larry

Edited by lbhbul

post-14329-0-50456500-1427916284_thumb.jpgpost-14329-0-48670500-1427916308_thumb.jpg

Bondy, First off thanks for the B mod flywheel comparision, I suppose the smaller wheel would certainly help the 250 out.

I wanted to show 2 ways to help the original poster a little bit; don't you all know how quick the Alpina would be with the duplex

wheel, and it would be fine with the 250 wheel also I believe, just say maybe 50 teeth or so for trials possibly.

Larry

Edited by lbhbul

Early 250 Sherpas had the double weight, then they went to the single weight but not sure when, maybe '75.

The 250 198B uses the lighter Pusrang weight on a single row cog, really picks up quickly.