2015 Factory Sherco

Andy

personally i believe it was down to the head. too much compression. a couple of guys locally bought new jotagas in 2014. they all had pinking and hot running issues like the sherco factory. all down to the cylinder heads. they where all given low comp heads and sorted it all...

cabestanys cylinder heads not gonna be the same as what you can buy therefore he would not of had these issues. surprised at the time you didnt think of the cylinder head.

and in my opinion rathmells offer great support and have looked after me, and others very well.

ben

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, thanks to this post, I almost bought a 2015 sherco 300st factory edition, turns out that a group of guys here in Canada have had the same issues as specified earlier with that bike. I found out just in time not to buy the bike.

This bike is to be avoided! I feel sorry for the current owners, Sherco should really do something about it. I understand that nobody is talking but really your note helping your cause by not complaining about the bike.

The 2015 Sherco factory edition have problems and major issues.

Edited by pm74

I've owned a 2015 Factory 300 for a few months now and I'm really enjoying it.

The bike was tuned way too lean from factory in the mids and too rich on the pilot. Main was spot on.

I have a 40 pilot one turn out, JFH needle 2nd clip from the top, the standard 4 slide and 128 main.

The JFH needle is simply an extension of the JJH.

These bike are a hand full with instant power straight up. I have a slow action throttle on mine now to give me more scope for slow off camber loose ground but as soon as the throttle is cracked you can climb a tree. 

The problems I have had are a pinhole in the exhaust ( a problem from exhaust manufacturers ) 

Airbox Sherco stickers coming off from new.

LED's in the headlight not working. I know no one uses them but they should work.

Squealing Fan.

All these problems have been promptly rectified on warranty by the importer and Sherco.

If I would have ridden my bike like an expert with the tuning it had from new it would have had overheating issues also. The first ride was difficult while trying to run in up a small hillclimb and I could feel it was really lean in the mids so I nursed it along until I tuned more fuel into it.

If you just keep twisting the throttle and expect it to be all good when it's trying to tell you it's not, well ????

Lastly it is a Factory Bike and the clear power of it confirms that. High compression is a part that.

I can't believe the mine's the only one running well. ( Looks good too!)

I must say that I would like to fix that typical Keihin just off throttle blubber after bouncing at downhill angles but it's a small price for such a great bike.  

• 3 weeks later...

I'm real sorry to hear about the problems that some have had but mine is amazing, this bike rocks and has been trouble free. I've even ridden it like an enduro bike for the most part in fairly extreme country without issue. Couldn't be happier with the bike. Not sure if the bikes that come into Canada are different in any way shape or form but non of the guys I know who also bought them have had any real issues either. Can't help but think that the bikes spoken of here with issues might have come off an assembly line together and all with the same problem. A problem that had been fixed before or occurred after we got ours.

• Like 1