Trials Virgin From New Zealand

ddm4x4

Hi guys

I'm a complete newbie, from Hawkesbay NZ.

Got introduced to trials by a friend a few months back and after watching the first event I was convinced.

Just bought a 2013 GasGas 250 txt pro, and had a total of 1 hour on it. It is much to good a bike for me, over the years

my riding has been road bikes only. Trials is going to be a huge learning curve.

Where should I start?

Looking forward to learning.

Thanks

Floyd

Hi and welcome.

Best way forward is to find a club that run beginner trials and training days, this will give you the chance to meet other riders with similar ability, you can then practice together or as a group and you will start to bounce off each other as you all get better.

Welcome Floyd,

Glad to have you aboard. Best way forward is to find someone near you who"s been riding for a while who can give you some pointers and hopefully go riding with you. Do you know anyone like that?

Look forward to reading about your trials journey.

Wakka

Thanks guys!

Wakka Thanks for your message, I take it you plan to be my personal guide?

Certainly am looking forward to it.

Wife has already approved turning the front 'awn into a practice area.

can't wait to learn.

Yes welcome to the wonderful world of trials you'll be fine just take your time to learn the basic's first on your lawn figure of eights and balance, and go out practicing. But when you actually start riding trials is where you can better yourself lap by lap. Just soak it all in and learn by your own mistakes as there will be a few.

I never started until i was 38 and now 73 your on an easy bike to ride everything works try a slow throttle and possible flywheel weight which you can remove when you get more confidence.

We heard a bit about you from Nigel as we stayed with him this weekend just rode the big easy 45k cycle ride 2nd year, best of luck we are a friendly arm of motorcycle sport just go and have fun seen a lot of people come and go over the years but you will encounter friends for life.

Hi

Thanks!

I really am looking forward to it all, already went out with Nigel and had a bit of a ride around, nothing hard but showed me I have a lot to learn but I am eager to get there.

Nigel is a great friend to have at hand, he has helped me a lot and is eager and willing to help support me as I progress.

I can say that there is definitely a great group of people involved. All the riders I have met have been nothing but friendlyrics and helpful unlike most other motors ports I have ever been involved in.

look forward to learning and getting to know everyone.

Floyd