199B Fork Legs

bondy

hello could any body clear my thoughts did the 199B fork legs all have the notch cut out on the L/H side on the inside leg? or did some leave the factory with std legs like the ones off the 199A? i know some had the beta legs with no pinch bolts on 1 side also the 199b only takes 1 seal per leg correct me if am wrong cheers bondy.

• Like 1

All the 199 B`s I have seen all have no cutaway for the hub to miss the fork leg, the same as the 199 A`s. It will also help your axle clamp if you line the slot or cut in the spacer up with the slot in the fork leg. All of the Bultaco off road bikes (that I have seen) came with two fork seals in each side. Use seals off a KTM SX 65 2002 to 2009. With these seals you only need one a side. The last Sherpa`s used what ever parts they could find so they might have had any Betor legs on them. I think the SWM`s with Betor forks only had pinch bolts on one side too. Graham.

• Like 1

All the 199 B`s I have seen all have no cutaway for the hub to miss the fork leg, the same as the 199 A`s. It will also help your axle clamp if you line the slot or cut in the spacer up with the slot in the fork leg. All of the Bultaco off road bikes (that I have seen) came with two fork seals in each side. Use seals off a KTM SX 65 2002 to 2009. With these seals you only need one a side. The last Sherpa`s used what ever parts they could find so they might have had any Betor legs on them. I think the SWM`s with Betor forks only had pinch bolts on one side too. Graham.

Ive definately had one (198B) which only had the one seal per leg. I have had 198Bs with no split or pinch bolt - I wonder if this was more about them being not finished them rather than by design.

• Like 1

thanks for your input guys i plan on using the 199B legs on my next project witch will be a 199A Engine put into a 198A frame made to look like the 159 silver and red. the frame hubs are in the paint shop so will put some photos on when there back cheers bondy. oh Graham sorry yes i did notice the split spacer was the wrong way round i since took it out to clean inside i will be also having them painted in black. scot thanks for the coment on the polished forks there for a later project.

Edited by bondy
  • Like 2

hi scot gess i was lucky some things come up nice otheres not so nice i just first tryed Autosol they came up ok but then i put the polish mop on the bench grinder with some green wax buffed them up then dunked them in hot soapy water and with a old tooth brush got the rest off the wax off dryed off then a final polish with Autosol bosh what a result :thumbup: p.s there's alot off intrest in my toaster you guys never seen 1 before? Ah

Edited by bondy
  • Like 1

Bondy, I just woke up that there was a new thread!

Only my opinion and as such take it from there.

If you really want to kill the nice smooth, soft, front end be sure to put 4 seals in.

Should you like them to work properly use 1 seal per slider 35x47x10 ish as Graham noted

and be sure the caps are breathing (both out & in)

Usually the cut in the side of the LH slider is a radius (hub rub) .

Larry

• Like 2