Fm330 - 50Cc Help !

wobbler

I'm trying to sort a 50 cc FM 330 Twinshock at the minute I'm not sure of the following ::

Which way around for the rear wheel spacers as there's a small one and a large one !!

post-1071-0-18732300-1428596440_thumb.jpg

post-1071-0-19278500-1428596471_thumb.jpg

Next - the chain seems to catch on the Tensioner - Is it in the right place ??

post-1071-0-37265200-1428596549_thumb.jpg

Where does the Clutch Cable & Front Brake Cable run

Pictures would be a great help !!

Cheers as always

The Wobbler

Here is a trick. Try clamping a dead straight wire to the sprocket to see if it lines up with the engine sprocket. If the tensioners are the same but the sprockets don't line up then you might have the spacers backward. The goal is keeping the chain straight right?

--Biff

Apico - do special pedals - for big hillclimbs and road sections - I've got some on order - I've been practicing on an exercise bike !!!!!

Sprocket seal and kickstart spring are holding the job up a bit !!!!

When you get it going you'll love it ... until 3rd gear ! then you realize it's only a fifty ! But they will rev to the moon . it will improve your technique , and make you appreciate your normal ride too ... Kinda like a pedal bike with a push . :)

Glenn 

Got it back together - but the chain tensioner is defiantly wrong - can any body post a picture of one - either fitted or off the bike ??

What chain size and sprockets do people use ??

How much and what weight fork oil would any one suggest - I'm 12 stone so should I put some spacers in to pre load the springs ???

Thanks as always -

The Wobbler !!!

Well here you go .... I just ran out to the shop , in the rain , and kicked the alligator on my way . But without moving everything out there and just pointing and shooting , here you go . I don't remember how how I geared it , but I did convert it to the next larger chain size thru France trial classic , 420 I think . And I left the springs stock with 10wt , as it was being set up for my 110lb daughter .

Have fun , I hope this helps .

Glenn

post-1232-0-30924300-1429145884_thumb.jpgpost-1232-0-55560700-1429145936_thumb.jpgpost-1232-0-82685300-1429145970_thumb.jpg

Axul - Thanks,

I'll give him a call - had it running but seems like its drawing air in - so going to split it and have a look ??

Cleaned carb etc so no where else to go

Hopefully get it going for the next Twinshock Championship Round !!!!

Cheers as always

The Wobbler.

spend some time looking for a air leak with some carb spray first . the stock dellorto is a weird little thing and I never got mine to idle correctly before my kid motocrossed it about and shattered a piston ... Hopefully the air leak is external ...

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv