What's Going On With Gas Gas

gassa1

From what I understand from the first press releases, the shareholders en financiers couldn't agree on a plan to save the company as it was.

It also stated that if GasGas would return, it has to be on a much smaller scale and under other legal form.

The employees were certain there would be buyers to take it over.

I know exactly where all the money has gone and why and more than likely where some of it still exists today.Ive only found this out because I've made it my business to look into it . It's taken me months and months to discover it all.In doing so have come to realise that it is not information that anyone wants public let alone just for a little Sunday afternoon enjoyment.

Sorry Ham.... You'll have to go on blaming it on some old problem engine story

...Are you now at liberty to divulge where the debts were acccumulated?

Keep it simple, I'm a Geordie remember?

Wayne :beer:

• Like 1

How does a company rack up a debt of that size without the management not realising something major needed changing and allowing it to go this far.Surprised the banks allowed to it to happen too,no wonder the Spanish economy is in the shape it is if this is normal .Gasgas 249 has found out afair bit,but knowing what happened and proving it are quite different.Hopefully the new lot will do it properly,there's a lot of decent people's livelihoods involved

Edited by huski

...Are you now at liberty to divulge where the debts were acccumulated?

Keep it simple, I'm a Geordie remember?

Wayne :beer:

Obvious it was inflated egos along with the new FACTORY. Shame as it was a good run of a trials based machine.

I would ask, out of respect for those affected by this, that we don't have a public post-mortem. It's a small sport and many of us know people both here and in Spain for whom this is a very difficult time. Pretty please.

• Like 4

SO does this also mean OSSA, which I thought the GG factory was used to build them, is lost as well?

It seems to be so: 

'This news also means that Spanish brand Ossa has halted work, and is up on the chopping block, as the two Spanish companies merged in January 2014, with Gas Gas essentially absorbing Ossa into its operations.'

It seems to be so: 

'This news also means that Spanish brand Ossa has halted work, and is up on the chopping block, as the two Spanish companies merged in January 2014, with Gas Gas essentially absorbing Ossa into its operations.'

All a bit of a mess then.....sadly

Edited by johnnyboxer

If they drag OSSA down with them, that's going to leave a massive hole in the market, though I don't doubt that Scorpa and Beta will do their best to fill the gap. What with Vertigo and Tarres' new venture coming onstream as well it makes you wonder if the market is oversupplied and/or contributed to by financial mismanagement?

Gassers are good and largely reliable hence their large market share so they have been selling, but maybe still not in the numbers to be viable - so what would those numbers have to be?

Let's hope that something can be pulled out of the hat for the sakes of all those connected and in the industry in general.

I was out with quite a few trials riders yesterday and there has been quite a few bike changes in the last 2 weeks.

2 had had sold their GGs giving the reasons as 70% reliability problems, 30% worry about future resale values and parts availability

1 Had sold a GG (only about 6 months old) reasons for sale worry about future resale value / parts availability

A 3 had bought Betas

Another rider (not GG) wanted to trade his bike for a Beta but it seems new Betas are getting hard to get hold of, no 250s in UK.

Its an ill wind ------ as they say.

Another GG rider was not selling, rebuilt his gearbox last year (just the top hat and selector "chain links" was happy with it and felt someone would keep supplying any parts he needed.

Another GG rider happy with his oldish 250 took the same view.