What's Going On With Gas Gas

gassa1

Beta is in Italy and they are probably the largest U.K Trials supplier now ?

China is probably the largest potential component supplier if properly handled.

Marzocchi have already got problems.

Gasgas with KTM would seem a perfect step forward provided the Gasgas name continued for brand loyalty, does KTM really need the Spanish manufacturing base, I assume they already have competent suppliers in place.

Looking forward to some exciting news.

Beta is in Italy and they are probably the largest U.K Trials supplier now ?

China is probably the largest potential component supplier if properly handled.

Marzocchi have already got problems.

Gasgas with KTM would seem a perfect step forward provided the Gasgas name continued for brand loyalty, does KTM really need the Spanish manufacturing base, I assume they already have competent suppliers in place.

Looking forward to some exciting news.

Marzocchi closed its doors, but I think there are more suppliers which havent got their money. Think reiger shocks, S3 (cilinders and things like bars/footrest) etc.

I do think KTM owning Gas Gas would be a good thing, but still I dont know if it would be best to run from their home location. Why is Honda still in Spain? Because the wether is nice?

I think Beta is doing great, especially with their enduro's. They have good bikes, ''play bikes'' which people want to buy. Not too crazy projects.

Edited by crazybond700

Marzocchi closed its doors, but I think there are more suppliers which havent got their money. Think reiger shocks, S3 (cilinders and things like bars/footrest) etc.

I do think KTM owning Gas Gas would be a good thing, but still I dont know if it would be best to run from their home location. Why is Honda still in Spain? Because the wether is nice?

I think Beta is doing great, especially with their enduro's. They have good bikes, ''play bikes'' which people want to buy. Not too crazy projects.

Honda are still in Spain through a manufacturing & assembly alliance that means Honda avoid paying import duty on bikes brought into Spain due to their local manufacture.

Honda are still in Spain through a manufacturing and assembly alliance that means Honda avoid paying import duty on bikes brought into Spain due to their local manufacture.

All true - except the cost savings on import duties are EEC wide not just Spain

Yamaha do the same in Italy

That's the real reason - trade tarriffs going back to the 1980's when Honda bought Montesa

Trials bike production is a spin off & the cheapest source of World Championship titles

Edited by johnnyboxer

Also,from a previous post regarding a possible redesign due to supplier change, KTM would easily have the resources to tinker with a few components on a Trials bike and in any case the 'relaunch' would coincide with 2016 models.

Can you imagine a Gasgas in black as per Raga's current bike to capitalise on a superb season.

Well I for one have my fingers crossed !

Can you imagine a KTM Trials bike with WP suspension, they own WP so they can design their own suspension

Lush................

KTM, however, does think about its financial situation. Is the market big enough to start produce and design trials bikes? If they wanted to they could make a total bike, just like the freeride, but I think that are costly projects and will they be worth the effort?

I'm not saying they wont, or that I dont want them to, but I think it will be issues to think about.

Edited by crazybond700

I have an 06 pro and a KTM SX 250, both heavily modifed for long range single track in the Idaho Mountains. I've been through many parts on the GG, but she never quit and left me "out there"....yet LOL.

Anyway we have many many MTN bikers here and the lust after my GG when they see it. I think that's a big market nobody taps. We all know the KTM freeride is one fat puppy compared to a pro. 

But a 160 LB backcountry bike with good power and trials handling, that would meet USA street specs......such a machine would be a huge success. The Mtbers are coming from the other direction, mounting 50cc or something like that in a light frame, but they are pretty silly again compared to a 300 pro. 

Anyway, sad to see GG is such a mess, but mine is up and going again, and I doubt I will ever sell it :)

• Like 2