What's Going On With Gas Gas

gassa1

they are driving some massive race truck from girona to scotland to help support riders in the ssdt. so they havent finished, yet.....

i tried to order a new 125 and was told they wont be making any 125s for a while unless an expensive special order. this was end of january. things might of changed. they will be alright, some one will buy them.

highly doubt they will release a factory replica at this point in the year like they always do, probably later on if they do.

Edited by shercoben12

There is recent info on the GG workers Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/rltgasgas

The latest photo shows a banner in front of the factory that says "this directive cannot produce".

Some info they shared was an April 15th deadline for management to come to an agreement with the workers and and a decision by the end of the month on whether the factory will start producing again.

Other info of note is Marzochhi has stopped production.

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/enduro21/item/2687-marzocchi-to-cease-production

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/component/k2/item/2652-one-third-of-gas-gas-workforce-for-chopping-block

they are taking their time with shipping parts, i bent the end piece of my exhaust 2013 a few weeks ago, i had one on order and phoned to make sure it was in and they said it would be another two weeks at least because gas gas didn't ship their order, i rang four other places and they all said the same, i managed to get one from trials and tribulations, original parts are getting harder to find.

I know a lot of people who work at the factory in Girona .... and they're not hopeful.

Last week I went around the factory and the Ossa R and D dept. .. which are like morgues , with nothing happening and only a few staff in the whole mirror factory. Nothing is being made but they're doing they're best to get parts out.

Many workers have already been laid off .

They general consensus is that they need cash flow from either the Israeli investors or the Gvt ... but neither are providing this.

The view is people who work for them is that they are going to be allowed to go down and then something debt free will raise from the ashes.

I dearly hope it works out for them.

So whos paying for the truck and raga? It seems that they dont follow any kind of logical business practice of being in administration or whatever it is.

As sales are there the bust and re start seems a good way to do it, but in a much smaller factory with different management?

The 24mill debt is the bit investors don't want.If they do go bust the debt ends with the company,so it sounds likely this is the only way forward .This is legal in the UK (though wrong)don't know if it's legal in Spain

How about a Sherco, Montesa, Jotagas, Beta, Vertigo and that other new one - I forget what it's called.

That's a lot of manufacturers, let alone a re-floated GG Version 2 and Ossa.

Basically I think they are all great (mostly), but I can only afford one at a time!